View Single Post
Old 21st April 2018, 22:02   #246
Fumbling_Foo

OK guys here's acid mandala v3 with some pimped comp shader code mainly. I had an idea and it seems to have worked well. I tried Martin's code from the darker mod of Star Forge he made and did a couple compatibility tweaks to make the "mashup" work well with it. This is a good indicator that I've at least learned something while working on Star Forge, yay . Simply doing a quick (random) mashup would have produced less results; I had to tinker with the code a bit to make this one happen.

It's going to be a bit brighter than the previous version, but there's more frequent and a better variety of patterns which, also this time, seem to go to the music in mysterious but fitting ways. Finally, the patterns, at least for certain songs, seem to fill the entire screen more often. I think there's enough of an improvement to release v3 now, still yet to cover the shader guide .

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote