View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 15:43   #250
Fumbling_Foo

Looks like there will be a v3c after all. I'm chasing the dragon of getting things just right for the preset. The changes are subtle in this version, but after reviewing the past three releases of this version I think I'm going in the right direction, and, small as the changes may be, I am very impressed with this latest version.

I do indeed have ideas for a v4, but no idea how to make it happen. Perhaps cleverly implemented shape code will provide the additional patterns to really make the preset shine, but I don't know how to do anything other than basic motion at best for the shapes.

Perhaps I could jazz up the wave code, but I'm equally clueless here.

Or, perhaps I could play around with the "fins" in martin's comp shader code, but I don't know how to make them not all be the same size at the same time and do some cool rotational motion around the center, perhaps compounding the patterns as they interfere with each other.

Anyway, here's v3c and I hope this latest version is considered in winamp 5.8 .

Edit: I had another idea within a couple of hours for this preset, so here's v3d. There are only a couple of changes to the code in v3c, but the warp shader is improved and thus should present better patterns for the comp shader to interpret. Cheers .

Like my avatar? Check out my Star Forge preset project .

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 17th May 2018 at 17:38.
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote