• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steffenfield
    • Sep 2011

Touch Screen Winamp

Hey all.

First time poster.

Anyway, I'm just here to ask if it's possible to create a very large Winamp skin (800x480) outside of all the ones I have found on the net. Those all seem to be the exact size.

I'm using Xmms on my old touchscreen device so the format does need to be in .wsz and not the newer .wal format.

Many cheers.
  • Brent2121
    • May 2009

Although it's in .wal format (the one I found, at least), the Arby skin is perfect for a touchscreen where screen real estate is limited and therefore you don't want to waste a lot of space on song info, and mainly want to give most of the screen to the media library and playlist.

It can be resized to fit any resolution, as well. And if you want to change the size of the buttons, just change "Window Settings-->Scaling".

Comment

• Steffenfield
      • Sep 2011

Can you post this .wal file? I'm not finding it anywhere on Google.

I'm sure it won't work on my old Nokia N800. Like I said before, Xmms on this tablet will only accept .wsz files.

I'd still like to give it a try based on your suggestion though.

Thanks!

Comment

• Brent2121
        • May 2009

Here you go.
        http://*******.com/3kf64bc

Edit: for some reason this janky forum errors out when I try to attach the .wal file, and it won't let me post a url, so here's what you do:
        go to tiny url (with no space) (dot)com(slash)3kf64bc

Comment

• DrO
          • Sep 2003

tiny_url is on the filter list as too many spammers use it - annoying yes but that's just how it goes. as for the uploading issue, it depends on which forum server is hit at the time and the size of the file as going over a few hundred kb seems to be problematic - yes it sucks, yes it's been like it for ages, yes it should be fixed but forum maintenance is at the bottom of a long list.

-daz
          WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• Victhor
            Late skinner & Moderator
            • May 2003

Bump - update: Komodo X Touchscreen (DeviantArt) is the skin I'm mantaining and updating to modern interface trends. It'll probably fit most needs for those on touchscreen devices (meaning, besides a touch-responsive playlist, big fonts and minimal controls).
            On the works are a Lite (battery and "low-specs PC" friendly) and improved versions.
            · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• synthetiq
              • Nov 2004

Nice!

Comment

• pbleeker78
                • Sep 2017

Cool, tnx!

Comment

Working...
                X