Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dstln
    • Apr 2008

Seems to work fine with exclusive priority checked now.

Except for one humorous massive fail chain, but haven't been able to reproduce.

Comment

• dstln
      • Apr 2008

actually still seems kinda buggy with exclusive priority on, get random buggy static noises once in a while

Comment

• Belarathon
        • Feb 2009

Same here...almost like there isn't enough buffer or something. It occurs to me: If the plugin fails to initialize the sound card and falls back to re-sampling, how are we to know whether or not we are listening to bit perfect audio?

dstln: Are you seeing an option to tick "exclusive priority?" I don't have any options to configure on the plugin.

Comment

• dstln
          • Apr 2008

nono. I've been talking about in windows > sound settings > "give exclusive mode programs priority"

Comment

• Belarathon
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dstln
            nono. I've been talking about in windows > sound settings > "give exclusive mode programs priority"
            Yep...I figured that eventually. I couldn't get it to play at all *without* exclusive mode.

Comment

• dstln
              • Apr 2008

btw is the plugin intended to display mono content in the left channel only? I wasn't sure.

Comment

• Belarathon
                • Feb 2009

Incidentally, I enabled my onboard sound (ACL850) and the plugin worked great @ 44.1Khz.

Comment

• Adion
                  • Feb 2002

New beta available. Mono sources should work too now, but I haven't tested that yet.
                  The problem with the time display not being correct should be fixed too.
                  The about window now shows a little more information, so that you can see how it is connected.

Comment

• kerimcem
                    • Jan 2010

this version is working great.. thanks

Comment

• kerimcem
                      • Jan 2010

but problems continue , plugin using cpu high and sound freezing.

Comment

• Belarathon
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kerimcem
                        [Image]
                        but problems continue , plugin using cpu high and sound freezing.

That's because it's having to up-sample to 48Khz. Is your sound card a creative? Many audio cards resample everything on board to 48Khz...example, Audigy I & II, among others. Ideally you'd want a card that can do 44.1Khz without re-sampling to 48Khz.

Though my audio card will do 96Khz natively, the plugin wants to resample 96Khz source material to 44.1 Khz, causing a 5% cpu drain (dual core Opteron).

Comment

• Belarathon
                          • Feb 2009

Adion:

I think you are making progress: I decided to try the plug-in again tonight, and for the first time, I had 44.1 Khz audio play back with absolutely no static! Also, you should know that besides J.river, your WASAPI implementation is the only plug-in I've used that is capable of switching the sampling rate of my sound card up to 96 Khz from the default of 44.1Khz, when called upon to do so by my music choices. That is no small feat, evidently. There is a caveat though: I cannot go *directly* from playing a 96Khz sampled tune to a 44.1Khz tune. If I do, the plug-in will not make the switch and only plays silence. If that happens, if I push the stop button, and then hit play again, the audio card then correctly changes the sample rate and the audio begins. It appears that perhaps a small crash must take place when this happens as well, because if I watch my process explorer, I notice that a second instance of winamp.exe starts up, freezes, and then terminates once I click the stop button. However, the fact remains that your plug-in being able to manipulate my sound card into the correct sample rate is progress. Strangely, after I played a 96Khz sampled song, I was no longer able to play 44.1Khz songs without static.

Comment

• Belarathon
                            • Feb 2009

It's almost like I have to wait several seconds before playing a song of a different sample rate. I wonder if the new feature you implemented, holding the WASAPI session open five seconds, would be the cause. Do you still have available a plug-in without that feature, so that I might test my theory?

Thanks.

Comment

• Belarathon
                              • Feb 2009

I should also note that when I play like sampled music, I can switch instantaneously to the next track. It's only when switching 96>44.1, or 44.1>96 that problems occur.

Comment

• kerimcem
                                • Jan 2010

new verison?

Comment

Working...
                                X