X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russbowers
    • Nov 2019

Business Plan station not in Directory

i have a recent business plan with hosting through Shoutcast which is supposed to automatically include my station in the Shoutcast directory. During my 7 day trial it was int he directory and searchable through a web browser on Shoutcasts website and also on the Roku app. As soon as my trial switched over and i was billed my station was no longer searchable. The station is still live and working but not showing up in the search. A big reason i decided on Shoutcast was because a lot of our fans already use it on Roku. The only way to find a station on Roku is by searching the app. I have contacted support and created a request ticket and no one seems to ever get back to me (atleast not yet). How is support at getting back to its customers typically ? Is there a better way to contact them ?
  • russbowers
    • Nov 2019

oh , and the station name is
    Orange Blossom Jams

Comment

• ryerman
      Major Dude
      • Mar 2010

Originally Posted by russbowers View Post
      ...How is support at getting back to its customers typically ?....
      The forum for all things in the news. Politics, war, international, national, technical, program releases. All the news that's fit to blab about. Now more than before.
      Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin

Comment

• russbowers
        • Nov 2019

And im assuming my station not showing up in the search directory (if im hosting my music through Shoutcast Business Plan) can only be addressed by Shoutcast Support Team ? Sad I dont see where there is anything i can do on my end.

Comment

• Klaas
          • Sep 2018

I'm afraid you will be lucky if you get a response from the support team.

I've got three support cases open. One about AAC+ streams on the self hosted solution, which won't correctly. From the developers opinion it is the fault of my streaming software (even if everything works with the old DNAS), one about ad insertion not always working and one topic about the YP always returning error 500 (generic server error).

I doubt there will be a difference with the business plans.

Comment

• LStratmann

What doesn't work, Klaas?

I am using the latest SHOUTcast version myself and have no problems with AAC and the ads.
            But I have to admit that I also have the YP error, which doesn't really bother me.

Greetings.

Comment

• Klaas
              • Sep 2018

The AAC+ mountpoint is being disconnected immediately with a license error that only MP3 is allowed. I already checked my encoder but it is strange that Icecast and Shoutcast 2.5.5 won't complain about it.

The second issue is that sometimes ad insertion (not replacement) works and sometimes not. Well most of the time it is not working and just replacing the stream.

Comment

• LStratmann

Hey,
                1. When I also used AAC, sometimes the license error occurred. Could it be that while you had the license error, you also had the YP error? I only had the license error when no connection to the YP was established. Usually after a few songs a connection was established and AAC worked.

2. So you mean that after the advertisement not the content was played after the trigger but the current content? (So, that you didn't have a delay, but you came into the middle of the song)

Greetings from Germany,
                Luca.

Comment

• Klaas
                  • Sep 2018

1.) Yes I had the YP and the License error at the same time. Sometimes it takes up to 6 hours until I can reach the YP properly (without error 500) and then the AAC+ stream is up perfectly.

2.) That is correct. I came back out in the middle of the next song and not with the content of the trigger.

Comment

• LStratmann

Hey,
                    1. I had that problem, too. That's why I don't use AAC anymore. Lately the YP works well. I haven't had an error for a while. At least from my German server.

2. I can confirm that. Whereby I am always shifted in the middle of the song.

Greetings.

Comment

• Klaas
                      • Sep 2018

For 1 I could imagine there are more than one YP servers out there. Depending on which server you are reaching there could be a problem or not.

Out of fun I turned up a second DNAS. The one in Finland is working fine at the moment. The one in Germany is giving me error 500. Though Finland also had some 500 errors this morning.

Everything would be okay if the DNAS would download its license information, which has to be renewed automatically at the end of the month. That would prevent getting the DNAS into trouble when the YP is not reachable.

Comment

• LStratmann

Hey,
                        I just had a YP error, too.

Comment

• Klaas
                          • Sep 2018

That is quite risky. If I would migrate over to 2.6.0 I need to be sure the service is as stable as possible not being interrupted by some YP hickups etc.

And the ad injection and stream pausing needs some fixing.

Comment

• LStratmann

It's always luck.

Now everything works again.

Comment

• Klaas
                              • Sep 2018

Oh well. I was curious and restarted the DNAS. Now only MP3 allowed and error 500

Also interesting I tried to enable all the debugging flags in the config. They don't have any effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X