View Single Post
Old 28th August 2011, 18:39   #3
petoule
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysurfer87 View Post
I finally figured this out.
I fixed it by doing the following:
1. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Media Storage app
2. Press Clear data button
Note: This will clear ALL MEDIA DATA. This will remove all album, song, playlist, etc. information. Not the actual media files, but all information on them stored by Android. Once you do this Winamp will show no music. Don't worry, this is normal and will be corrected by step 3.
3. Connect your phone to your PC as a USB Device. Disconnect the phone. Open Winamp (or other music player). When you select Artist, Song, Album, Playlist, etc. it will read the SD card and recompile the internal database. This may take a while depending on how many files you have.

These steps fixed both problems I listed above. The duplicates are gone, and the playlists work. Note that these are imported playlists (m3u format) that are in the Music folder on my SD card.

I believe that my original problem was caused by syncing my phone with Songbird, realizing it synced to the SD card root, and then moving them to the Music folder manually. Then as I tried other music players it ended up as a big mess.
Thanks a lot for your workaround ! It is better and quicker than the workarounds I found !

I don't think your problem is caused by synchronizing your phone. I experienced this same problem without synchronizing my Galaxy SII with anything (PC or Web server). I think this bug is caused by Android media scanning for any reason. In my case, I suspect the phone's language change : I sometimes come back from French to English (US) when I don't understand anything and the playlist issue occurs just afterwards.
petoule is offline   Reply With Quote