View Single Post
Old 5th July 2005, 21:33   #20
arachnosoft

Hi,

I've been using Winamp for a very long time, I've always tested out every version as soon as it has been available, I've only skipped the v3 series of Winamp and switched directly from the latest stable Winamp 2.9x to the first stable final version of Winamp 5.

So I'm posting because I think I've found a very strange bug in the lastest version (5.093), which I never had before, not even with 5.092.

I think that the bug is related to in_dshow.dll as it concerns the rendering of the status bar which appears when moving the mouse while viewing videos in fullscreen mode.

If you look at the picture I should have attached, when playing *any* video in fullscreen, the status bars (both bottom and top ones) sometimes become crazy, ie. their drawing is heavily messed up: some controls (Play, Pause, volume, etc.) disappear (but are still active if I click on their usual position), the title of the video is sometimes drawn partially on the bottom status bar and vice-versa (the controls are sometimes drawn on the top status bar), etc.

The attached screenshot should be sufficient to figure the kind of drawing problems I have. It's an actual screenshot I took from Winamp while viewing a video in fullscreen mode, except that I've removed all the "black" stuff (eg. the video part which can't be captured by the Print Screen key, the black spaces at left and right of the controls to fit the screen's resolution, etc.).

I've never had this problem with any version of Winamp before. It happens with any video using any codec. I couldn't find the origin of that bug to reproduce it reliably, but it seems to happen when moving the mouse cursor anywhere on the screen while in fullscreen mode, I don't remember if it happens even without touching the mouse.

The only thing I've changed since the appeareance of the problem is the Winamp version from 5.092 to 5.093. When I didn't have it, I was using the same plugins (the only custom plugins I have are Input plugins, such as Tara's one, or stuff to play some additional file formats such as AC3, VGM...), the same configuration options, I've not even changed anything important under Windows such as the display drivers. I'm using a fully updated Win XP SP2 running at 1400x1050@85Hz resolution, on a P4 3 GHz HT "Northwood", processor, with 1,5 GB DDR400 RAM (2x256 and 2x512 Corsair ValueRAM), Radeon 9800 Pro graphics adapter with the latest official Catalyst drivers (5.6)... Under Winamp, I'm using the default modern skin with the Clover (green) color theme, and, although I'm French, I do not use any language pack.

I've also tried with a clean install of Winamp, uninstalling my current Winamp install, renaming its folder to keep my settings and plugins, reinstalling it using the full free installer of 5.093 and without copying my previous Winamp folders contents into the new folder, and the bug still occurs.

I think, unless you know which changes in your sourcecode could have messed up the status bar's display code, that this bug will not be easy to identify, as I don't know exactly how to reproduce it reliably. If you need additional info, on my hardware specs for example, don't hesitate to ask.
Attached Images
File Type: gif winamp5093bug3.gif (2.0 KB, 1239 views)
arachnosoft is offline   Reply With Quote