View Single Post
Old 25th January 2014, 06:38   #269
Melkor

I found a couple of bugs. They might not even be your fault. If you make an opus file that is really long, weird things happen.

1) The "File Info" window reports PCM Frames as if it were a 32bit signed integer. The number being fed to it is an unsigned number, so if you have more that 2^31 frames, the number appears negative. Also if you have more than 2^32 frames, it silently overflows, loosing track of the real number of frames (my 34 hour file is reported as being about 9 hours).
2) The Playlist window seems to have the same problem, however if PCM Frames (as reported in the File Info window) are negative, winamp won't show a duration. If the frame count exceeds 2^32 frames and the resulting overflowed value is less than 2^31, it displays a wrong duration. So my 15 hour file shows no duration.

That said, when playing the file, winamp is able to get the correct remaining tracktime and to seek properly.

I'll be splitting the files to avoid the whole 32bit overflow as it seems to bug Rockbox as well (which is what I use for playback).
Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote