X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xfullmetal17
    • Nov 2013

If not like the PC version, then at LEAST get it off of Gingerbread UI x.x
    I still have options for the now-deprecated USB Mass Storage in the app settigns.

Comment

• James D
      • Feb 2014

Long time Winamp user.

Well my virus scanner says I needed to update Winamp so I went to see new versions were out and came across this new site. Makes me a little worried as the reasons why I love Winamp as I scribe to Digitally Imported and they love to use Winamp/Soutcast for streaming their music as well Winamp handles all my CD/FLAC files and it sees my cover art as many other programs have a problem seeing ART when your music is off the mainstream music they think you should listen too. I have Windows 8.1 and I find the APPS are not up to standard as APPS are made for tablets or Cellphones meaning they must be small in size so many options that could make them great are not there. For example I paid for Groove APP hopping it would be different as 50% of my CD ART will not show up or no way to add your own art so hopping Winamp your listening as let people have the options to add their art if their CD's are not found online. Winamp PC and iTunes for PC both see 100% of my art as I can add missing art as it's easy to Google the artist and get the art in JEPG form and add it to your media. Windows 8.1 thinks everyone will move to tablet but can you store 1000 + CD's ripped in FLAC on a tablet? No but people do love their music and they make home audio systems with PC's / Apple hooked up to their audio system and they rip to huge hard drives with their music collection as they care about the sound of their music. Winamp been there all this time so please any new updates I hopping the ability will be there to add and custom are music collection and if you do a APP keep that in mind

Comment

• James D
        • Feb 2014

Found Winamp 5.666 here not the trick bloat wear links above as click on a link tries to install a registry cleaner... I clean my own thank you

Comment

• Victhor
          Late skinner & Moderator
          • May 2003

Ps: (somehow off topic, just a bit) congratulations DrO on your new "custom user title"
          · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• DJ Egg
            Spectral Techorator
            • Jun 2000

Originally Posted by James D View Post
            Found Winamp 5.666 here not the trick bloat wear links above as click on a link tries to install a registry cleaner... I clean my own thank you

http://winampenthusiasts.com/showthread.php?tid=32/
            Hi

The link to download Winamp can be found in the 2nd post of the thread:
            What is Winamp? Why is Winamp? How is Winamp? All these burning questions and issues discussed within.

Or here:
            What is Winamp? Why is Winamp? How is Winamp? All these burning questions and issues discussed within.

The link that you are referring to at the top of the page is an advertisement.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• arograin
              • Feb 2014

Hello, sorry, but winamp free or paid?

Comment

• garetjax
                Candyass
                (Major Dude)
                • Apr 2001

I believe that likely as the new owners support ad supported digital distribution, it is likely that there will be a free model; that uses the ad model... and still another premium version that is not ad supported for subscription.

But, that is speculation at this point; I'm sure they are just coming to grips with building out a new website and rolling their own services into the Winamp App(s).

~!
                1001skins.net |
                That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk.

Comment

• rbwusa
                  • Feb 2014

We at RichMediaGroup are counting down to the New Winamp I was one of the first users in the USA well over a decade ago always loved it and Milkdrop is the most unique Free music Visualizations I've seen. Hope they don't loose that but old habits die slowly. We are going to stream our Radio Station with the new owners looking forward to it but first I must learn how to say Radionomy in English. Hurry we're anxious.
                  Last edited by Rocker; 20 February 2014, 11:53.

Comment

• KermodeBear
                    • Feb 2014

I've been using Winamp for over a decade now. My god I'm getting old...

Anyway, during all that time I have tried other media players but I always came back to Winamp. Small memory and disk footprint, lots of functionality right out of the box.

I'm hoping that the trend will continue. Definitely looking forward to the future.
                    Last edited by Rocker; 20 February 2014, 11:52.

Comment

• iomegajaz
                      Balled and Chained
                      Alumni
                      • Jun 2000

Welcome, Commode Bear and Arby Double-Ewe.

code:
                      CTRL+H (Find and Replace)
                      Find: WinAmp, WinAMP (match case)
                      Replace with: Winamp
                      ALT+A (Replace all)
                      end.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.

Comment

• Rocker
                        Hiding in plain sight (mod)
                        • Jun 2000

What u talkin bout jaz? ..... I maybe have edited some posts lol

Comment

• iomegajaz
                          Balled and Chained
                          Alumni
                          • Jun 2000

I Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub, that's for darn sure.
                          "My heart hates uggos." –J.D.

Comment

• luv-snail
                            • Aug 2001

I've been using Winamp on a daily basis for 16 years; it has become an integral part of my life, such that I cannot imagine living without it.

It was Winamp that introduced me to MP3 and the world of online music sharing (first by IRC DCC, then along came Napster). Winamp soundtracked my days and nights through my college years, and while my fascination with Linux blossomed, Winamp always stopped me from switching.

When Winamp joined the AOL family, I feared for its safety. As the nightmare of Winamp3 unfolded I felt sure my fears were being realised. But Winamp held strong, Winamp 5 rose from the ashes and I knew then my companion had returned. When I went to university and the pressure of fast-paced study started to get to me, it was Winamp (with the AcidSpunk vis plugin) that calmed me down. And a doobie, obviously.

Last year I got married, and we used Winamp to lovingly craft the playlists that soundtracked the ceremony. So many of the places and faces I have known have come and gone, but Winamp has been at my side for the whole journey. Now we're planning to start a family, and someday I hope to share the joy of Winamp with my children. One day, I will shuffle off this mortal coil, but I shall know no fear as long as I know Winamp will be there supplying the tunes at my funeral.

Radionomy - I don't know who you are, but please look after Winamp.

P.S. I am listening to Winamp as I write this.

Comment

• Aminifu
                              Forum King
                              • Aug 2011

Hi luv-snail,

It's scary, but I feel much the same way.

Winamp then, Winamp now, Winamp forever!
                              Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                              Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Victhor
                                Late skinner & Moderator
                                • May 2003

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
                                Winamp then, Winamp now, Winamp forever!
                                Great phrase, is it yours? I'm gonna steal it! =)
                                · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

Working...
                                X