• Show
Clear All
  • Victhor
    Late skinner & Moderator
    • May 2003

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
    @zepper
    It means that you haven't registered Winamp Pro,
    therefore the Pro features (including h264 playback with in_mp4/in_avi/in_nsv/etc., and mp3 encoding) are still locked.

You do have a valid registration key, right?

Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro (top page of Prefs tree) > Enter Registration Key.

If you can't see the Winamp Pro page in Prefs, then it means you've got the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) installed from the Essentials Pack.
    Go to: Prefs > Plug-ins > General Pupose > gen_nopro > config
    and uncheck Winamp Pro from the hidden pages menu.

Egg are you dizzy? :P
    · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Skeletal
      • Nov 2013

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
      @Skeletal
      Yup, it's known about.... :-(
      Did you find a bug in Winamp? Can you reproduce it? Let us know, we'll try to fix it as soon as possible!

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....80#post2976280
      Thanks DJ Egg & Aminifu for your replies, good to hear it's on the radar already

Cheers.

Comment

• Aminifu
        Forum King
        • Aug 2011

Hi Victhor,

From where are you getting the info that the pro features of Winamp v5.6.6.3507 will be unlocked without the need to enter a valid registration key?

DrO's post you linked to in post #121 above describes how to enter a key using the app itself (which has always been possible, as DJ Egg discussed), since it can not be done with the installer for the last official version. It does not say a key is not needed.
        Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
        Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• kzuse
          • Oct 2005

Wohoo, thanks DJ Egg for that epic changelog!

And for this fix, of which I would have had no idea that it has been realized if I hadn't read this epic list until the end!!!:

- [Wasabi] Allow holding down shift to drop the center snapping action in modern skins for the eq sliders
          This was one very annoying thing, I prefer on some frequency bands subtle changes and always had to do them in classic skin because in Bento those damn sliders always snapped and snapped to the middle position... Now I'll try Shift..

Thanks!!

Best regards,
          kzuse

Comment

• Victhor
            Late skinner & Moderator
            • May 2003

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
            Hi Victhor,

From where are you getting the info that the pro features of Winamp v5.6.6.3507 will be unlocked without the need to enter a valid registration key?

DrO's post you linked to in post #121 above describes how to enter a key using the app itself (which has always been possible, as DJ Egg discussed), since it can not be done with the installer for the last official version. It does not say a key is not needed.
            I refered to DrO´s post because of "the 'full' installer is the same as the 'pro' installer", other sayings and by my own experience, but now that you pointed out to me I checked in other machine and Pro features are not unlocked.. which is strange, since I never had Pro and despite I uninstalled and re-installed the result was the same, I have all features unlocked (and the "Pro" upper part of prefs is missing, despite I don´t use Lite n´winamp).. Anyway, I´m removing that part of my thread till´ it´s clearer..

PS: I obviously asked for confirmation but never got an answer on that..

PS2: Sorry, Egg, apparently I AM dizzy =)
            · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• DJ Egg
              Spectral Techorator
              • Jun 2000

@Victhor

What we meant by the full & pro installers are the same...

Before, the only differences between the two were:

- Full (free) installer had all the bundled crap with it (OpenCandy software offers, Emusic, AOL Search & Toolbar).
              - The Pro installer didn't have any of those things.
              - The Pro installer had a popup dialog prompting the user to enter the registration key (on clean installs).

Because we've removed all the bundled crap from the free full installer, and because Pro is no longer purchasable,
              we felt it was no longer necessary to build the Pro installer and/or make it available.

It has always been the case that you need a valid registration key to unlock the Pro features, even with the Pro installer.
              The Pro installer never had the Pro features automatically unlocked.
              As always, the key can be entered via Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro.

p.s. apology accepted, of course, lol :-)

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• Victhor
                Late skinner & Moderator
                • May 2003

Yep, that would've been clear enough if I wouldn't have MY pro features suddenly unlocked haha. I'm not sure what happened there, but I have my suspicion..
                · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Koopa
                  16-Bit Moderator
                  • Apr 2004

Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
                  @Koopa: Where to download your Essentials Pack now? Where to download your Language Pack Plus version?
                  The site for the extended language pack is now done:

If you want to help to keep this project alive, spread the site, tell everyone where they can get it now.

The download link isn't active yet, because I must still update some things in the installer.
                  I will announce it here and make a sticky in the German forum, once all is done.

-Chris
                  My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
                  German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
                  Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• Aminifu
                    Forum King
                    • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
                    Yep, that would've been clear enough if I wouldn't have MY pro features suddenly unlocked haha. I'm not sure what happened there, but I have my suspicion..
                    Could it be that the installer you used was a pirated one with the Pro features unlocked? I suggest being careful using that configuration (monitor your net traffic when using it), other strange things may be going on.

Or could be things in the cosmos lined up just right and you got lucky.

I applaud your efforts to provide a single point of reference for what's going on with the announced AOL shutdown, but you need to be extra careful when stating 'facts'. Anyone rushing to download now, just to get the Pro features for free, deserve the disappointment, imo.

Edit:
                    I read at the other site how you got your version. I've had the same problem keeping private(test) and public versions separate. Sorry, I should have guessed that instead of suggesting that you would use pirated stuff.
                    Last edited by Aminifu; 25 November 2013, 07:51.

Comment

• kzuse
                      • Oct 2005

Since 5.66 seems to have at least one significant Bug, the "Enqueue and not Play from Explorer" one, which is confirmed - would it be a possibility that the Devs just before AOL shuts everything down, build and package one "final - final" 5.661 version which fixes this?

Just think about what comes after Dec, 20th.

If MS buys the source or AOL in some other way hides it from public access, noone will ever be (legally) able to do such a fix. Microsoft will not do it as first thing they'll do after an ##Million $ (or what ever) deal...

So maybe now is the time to push out one final compact package that has it...

Instead of patching single files afterwards or so...

Just a thought...

Would be worth it, I think!

Comment

• Aminifu
                        Forum King
                        • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
                        Since 5.66 seems to have at least one significant Bug, the "Enqueue and not Play from Explorer" one, which is confirmed - would it be a possibility that the Devs just before AOL shuts everything down, build and package one "final - final" 5.661 version which fixes this?
                        Until the fix, 3 methods (at last count after latest forum search) have been offered to regain 'enqueue and not Play' functionality. Each has their drawbacks.

Comment

• kzuse
                          • Oct 2005

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
                          Until the fix, 3 methods (at last count after latest forum search) have been offered to regain 'enqueue and not Play' functionality. Each has their drawbacks.
                          Yes, and that's the reason for the proposal for another "official" build, if by any chance possible...

But 5.66 is still great, the bug doesn't affect me too much. But for future installs at people's who use Enqueueing more, it'd be great to take one fully working installer with you without having to manually apply any fixes afterwards

But I know, that's "whining at a high level"...

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

we're going to try to provide a working update for the enqueue issue, i just don't have an eta on when the fix will be available or how it'll be available.
                            WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• ujay
                              Forum King
                              • Jul 2001

Hi daz, With regard to the 'Help' Menu.

Will it be possible to point F1 to a mirror of the Help pages at some point in the future.
                              A link to winampforum.com would be handy too.

UJ

Comment

• Koopa
                                16-Bit Moderator
                                • Apr 2004

There will be sadly more dead links, like the link to the to Tray Icons Pack form gen_tray. Or 'Get Skins' from Skin Manager, and all links from bottom of the Plugin pages.
                                My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
                                German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
                                Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

Working...
                                X