X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dstln
    • Apr 2008

Does not play nice at all with my Winamp :P

RenderDisconnectCallback error when I try to play anything. If 24-bit output is enabled in Winamp, it skips through the song for a few seconds then freezes. If 24-bit output is disabled, it plays after error but freezes on stop/next/previous track. Vista 32-bit, Winamp 5.56, Auzentech X-*******n. Let me know if you need anything else although I may not check this topic often at all lol.

Comment

• Adion
      • Feb 2002

As mentioned 24-bit input wasn't supported yet.

There's a new beta now which supports 24-bit input, and also allows volume control on multi-channel audio.

Comment

• kerimcem
        • Jan 2010

thaks update..
        I tried again sounds bad .... sorry I returned ks plugin

Comment

• kerimcem
          • Jan 2010

volume bar does not work

32 bit output and device not see

thanks..waiting..

Comment

• dstln
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Adion
            As mentioned 24-bit input wasn't supported yet.

There's a new beta now which supports 24-bit input, and also allows volume control on multi-channel audio.
            Yes, but I wasn't using 24-bit input. As I said, it did not work with either 24-bit output (at all), as well as 16-bit output (error, freezes on any stop/track change).

I just tried the new version and am getting the same error. I am using 16-bit input. 24-bit output is now working the same as 16-bit output, but I am still getting the same error on playback start and winamp freezing on stop/trackchange. I'll see about updating winamp and if that helps.

Nope, did not fix updating to 5.72 or switching windows output to 48/44khz.

Okay, I found the fix. Unchecking "Give exclusive mode applications priority" fixes the issues. Is this an problem you can solve in the plugin?

Comment

• Adion
              • Feb 2002

I'm not sure, that switch is actually enabled here, so it might also be related to the soundcard's driver.
              When I have some time I'll see if I can try it with some other sound cards.

As for the volume control, I'm not sure that it is possible to make it work for WASAPI Exclusive applications

Comment

• mark007
                • Sep 2006

Hi, Love the new plugin. I am now using it on a daily basis but I notice the seeker / time progress seems to move incorrectly.For example a 6 minute song will only display 3:00 when completed in winamp. For this reason dragging on the seekbar also seems to work incorrectly.

Can this be fixed from your end?

Comment

• soddit112
                  • Jul 2008

working well here on my X-Fi XtremeGamer (if that makes any difference with software renderers?). for some reason, it always uses 32-bit output, according to the about window, which i find odd since my sound card apparently doesnt support this bit depth :/

it still sounds fine though, and hasnt done anything weird yet

Comment

• Belarathon
                    • Feb 2009

I've just tried the WASAPI output using Winamp 5.572 with an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496. It works beautifully with 24 bit 96Khz source material, but with 44.1Khz sampled source material, there is a constant, rhythmic "thump-thump-thump" noise masking the sound.

If I may help in any way, please let me know. I have high hopes. In the interim, it's back to kernel streaming for me.

Comment

• Adion
                      • Feb 2002

Could you check in 'About' what the samplerate and format is that the plugin connected with?

Comment

• kerimcem
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Belarathon
                        I've just tried the WASAPI output using Winamp 5.572 with an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496. It works beautifully with 24 bit 96Khz source material, but with 44.1Khz sampled source material, there is a constant, rhythmic "thump-thump-thump" noise masking the sound.

If I may help in any way, please let me know. I have high hopes. In the interim, it's back to kernel streaming for me.
                        yes..
                        sound comes less than ks plugin foobarwasapi and makio 44.khz-48khz
                        Last edited by kerimcem; 3 February 2010, 23:26.

Comment

• Belarathon
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Adion
                          Could you check in 'About' what the samplerate and format is that the plugin connected with?
                          The bad:

The good:

Thank you.

Comment

• mark007
                            • Sep 2006

Hi, I get

Samplerate: 192000
                            Output bits: 32
                            Floating point: true

for a 44.1khz 16bit mp3

I think there should be an option to avoid any processing, and output in pure form, ie same as input. Otherwise output at a certain rate of the users choosing if processing is to be allowed (for volume I assume?)

Comment

• dstln
                              • Apr 2008

BTW I'm still reproducing the same exclusive priority issue as before, now on Win7 64 and a new sound card in the X-Fi Forte :P

Comment

• Adion
                                • Feb 2002

Another new beta. I've now added a delay before closing the wasapi output, which means that it will only be closed after the songs have stopped for 5 seconds, or when closing winamp.
                                On track changes, no reconnect occurs anymore.

I haven't been able to find what causes the other problems yet.

About processing: The plugin tries to connect at the same samplerate as the source song first, and if this succeeds no resampling occurs, so if the volume is at max, no processing occurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X