X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinagreenelvis
    • Nov 2009

Browser Word Wrap

I'm using Winamp as a browser for www.textfiles.com and I've noticed that IE doesn't word-wrap plain text by default (and I can't find a way to make it do).

The only workaround I've found is creating a CSS file for the Internet Options override that applies word wrapping to everything:

code:
    *{
    word-wrap: break-word;
    }

While this works in IE, it doesn't work in Winamp. Apparently the CSS override doesn't apply.

Am I out of luck?
  • musicf8
    Major Dude
    • Apr 2013

God knows why you would want to use winamps browser... but I assume it is a limitation on the core browser in the system. what OS you are using. It might have to do with the IE version that's shipped with it.
    Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• chinagreenelvis
      • Nov 2009

Winamp respects IE's color and formatting override settings, but not the option to attach a CSS file to govern how pages should be displayed. It also seems to be treating each webpage as if it were being presented in an iframe or a frameset apart from the fact that URLs are properly displayed.

In fact, the reason I'm using it is precisely because I never use IE and can afford to change IE's color settings. It's a bit of an interactive art project.

Comment

• liza
        • Jan 2017

Originally Posted by chinagreenelvis View Post
        Winamp respects IE's color and formatting override settings, but not the option to attach a CSS file to govern how pages should be displayed. It also seems to be treating each webpage as if it were being presented in an iframe or a frameset apart from the fact that URLs are properly displayed.

In fact, the reason I'm using it is precisely because I never use IE and can afford to change IE's color settings. It's a bit of an interactive art project.

http://i.imgur.com/G7cp0tF.jpg
        How would you review it on a scale of 1 to 10?. Do you think it actually does its job?

Comment

Working...
        X