View Single Post
Old 14th August 2012, 15:48   #18
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
If you change the genre tag with MP3Tag, does WA and MP3Tag then agreed? They do on my system.
i haven't tried yet as i want to keep the examples intact and besides, i was already fairly sure that would work.

Quote:
My Shark007 codec pack was overriding WA's decoders. I had m4a files set to open with WMP. I redownloaded the files and changed to have WA open them. Now I get the same results you do with WA and MP3Tag.

So the decoders being used by each app do have something to do with this.
yeah, i figured it was your winamp install b/c mine is fairly default/stock. so now the question is why the discrepancy between mp3tag and winamp?

Quote:
Some of your m4a downloads may have been made or tagged with iTunes. Due to the 'tricks' iTunes plays with file headers, trying to re-tag files tagged by iTunes with some other app could cause problems. A quick search turned up some old threads about this, mentioning m4a files in particular. Most of what I saw had to do with DRM protection, but some mentioned issues with non-DRM m4a files too.
yeah, itunes prob made them, you can see that in mp3tag's extended tags.

so, at this point i'm left thinking it must be a multiple frame issue. it would be nice if DJ Egg or DrO would explain the winamp/mp3tag discrepancy, and also why/how your 3rd party decoders would alter results.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote