View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:27   #54
WowMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit and Winamp 5.666, using SHOUTcast v1 mode.

On the first try after "upgrading," the Shoutcast DSP plugin 2.3.5 worked for the first several songs I played, but on one specific song the output sounded choppy/sped-up/underwater. Upon reverting to version 2.3.3 of the Shoutcast plugin, the song played just fine. Further testing found these results to be consistent across two different streams.

Stream 1: MP3 encoder, 192kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo
Stream 2: MP3 encoder, 128kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo

Song: MP3, 48kbps, 22kHz, Stereo (VBR, encoded by LAME 3.98)

(Yes, I realize that the MP3 is encoded at a very low rate, but the beauty of the Shoutcast DSP plugin in prior versions has been that you don't need to worry about such things; if it plays in Winamp, it streams.)

I finally loaded this update last night and have been experiencing this exact problem ever since.

Was there ever a fix for it or do I need to roll back to the old DSP to get it to work right again?

Thanks for any attention.

Wow Machine Radio
Inspired by The Clifford Ball’s Ball Radio, Big Cypress’ Thin Air radio, and Magnaball’s The Bunny, WMR streams Phish-inspired Randomness, WMR is our huge collection of eclectic music, spoken word, and TV/movie quotes playing from a randomized playlist, played on ‘shuffle’ by Winamp v5.666.
WowMachine is offline   Reply With Quote