X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xfullmetal17
    • Nov 2013

Time will tell on that one... Hooking it in to their internet radio service is probably a given, but I don't think it'll just be one of those irritating cloud players. One Spotify is enough for us all.

Comment

• hime
      • Jul 2005

Anybody have a link to an older but recent version of 5 around? 666 does some weird things on my laptop, like double click to queue does this thing with track positioning giving them numbers next to the track time and I have to Alt-click to undo that... or sometimes it starts up a bunch of other Winamp sessions, ignoring the "don't allow multiple sessions" setting that has been set to "hell no" since install many years ago. 622 works fine on my server, as it had for years, but silly me, I had to install the "final" version when the death happened. (I think even 665 was fine IIRC.)

Comment

• DrO
        • Sep 2003

ensure you've installed build 3516 (via the about dialog) and then apply the dll patches from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=156839
        WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• Aminifu
          Forum King
          • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by hime View Post
          622 works fine on my server, as it had for years, but silly me, I had to install the "final" version when the death happened. (I think even 665 was fine IIRC.)
          Since you have not been keeping up with the Winamp updates, it appears that the latest version with the Jump To File Extra plug-in installed has changed the behavior you are used to. JTFE adds the ability to "enqueue and play" to the core "enqueue" (add to playlist contents) or "play" (replace playlist contents) functions. JTFE also adds the ability to add (enqueue) the file(s) to the playlist or to the queue within the playlist. Files added to the queue within the playlist can subsequently be managed by the "Queue Manager".

Sounds like you are adding files to the queue within the playlist, instead of to the playlist itself.

Anyway, all the 'new' behavior can be controlled by options in the General Preferences. Files can be added from Windows Explorer or the Winamp media library, so check all the following GP options to select the behavior you want. Look in the File Types tab; File Types - Shell Options tab; all the Jump To File associated tabs; and the Media Library Options tab.

There may be a few more related options (Winamp has so many), but I think those indicated above should let you control what happens when you double click a file in Windows Explorer or the Winamp media library.

It may be a good idea to look at all the latest GP options to update yourself on what's new or changed.
          Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
          Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Nimdok
            • May 2009

What I'd really like in WinAMP is an easy, integrated way to stream music to other computers/devices, so all I have to do, say, is install WinAMP on a machine, tell it to look for my home PC, and wham, there's my music, ready to listen to.

Comment

• iomegajaz
              Balled and Chained
              Alumni
              • Jun 2000

WinAMP
              "My heart hates uggos." –J.D.

Comment

• musicf8
                Major Dude
                • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Nimdok View Post
                What I'd really like in WinAMP is an easy, integrated way to stream music to other computers/devices, so all I have to do, say, is install WinAMP on a machine, tell it to look for my home PC, and wham, there's my music, ready to listen to.
                I think WinAMP cloud was suppose to be like that. Though I never got to try it....
                Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• DrO
                  • Sep 2003

Winamp Cloud might have been like what is asked for but WinAMP Cloud never existed.

though probably a dlna/upnp device setup would be able to do a lot of what's wanted, effectively turning the desktop client into a media server (as well as being able to play things). or you could go down the route of an on-demand like SHOUTcast derived setup (essentially providing a single file instead of a pre-defined stream so you can play what you want when you want), but it really depends if streaming is an acceptable option or if you must play the exact local copy irrespective of the device you're on.

though there's probably still merit in having Winamp be able to make use of cloud hosting services for media storage and playback (especially via shared devices like desktop + android) rather than having a dedicated custom cloud service as Winamp Cloud started out as being.

Comment

• Saucery
                    • Nov 2013

uploadgeneration.info

Now the website is back nothing has changed, all as usual:

Comment

• sweb
                      • Apr 2014

Glad to Winamp remains my number 1 player. With a number of great additions we will have a more modern software.

Comment

• JegFolay
                        • Aug 2011

Could we dream of a WinAmp becoming a really cool player DEVICE ? I mean beside the mobile and desktop apps I love. Because the iThing is not that great and an alternative from WA would be what music lovers are expecting. I think.

Comment

• DrO
                          • Sep 2003

i would think an actual device is very unlikely (and the ideal time for that has long since passed us by) and would expect Winamp to remain as a software entity as it's always been. though i'm sure it's possible to buy an iPod still and put a Winamp sticker on it and you've then got a Winamp device

Comment

• Dial0g
                            • Feb 2014

No beta release?

Comment

• DrO
                              • Sep 2003

nope as there's nothing to release yet and won't be for some time to come as a number of areas need to be re-worked due to changes in what can be used, etc (which is already covered in earlier posts in this thread). so the end of the year is the earliest something may be released.

Comment

• vegdelicious
                                • Apr 2014

I've been using winamp since version 0.20 Apr 21, 1997 . Yes it was the 1st version . I've been using version 2.95 since Jun 24, 2003 till now Never made the croos over to Winamp 3 and 5. And yes I still have the installer of 2.95 so like I'm here to say LONG LIVE WINAMP and Radionomy made a great thing buying WINAMP. AOL was going to end it forever . So long LIVE WINAMP

Comment

Working...
                                X