X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brutish Sailor
    Major Dude
    • Jan 2009

I guess what Im asking is how the server passes a file out for the stream/ how do connect the source to the stream when their is multiple streams on the same server.

I know with IC2 you have mount points, which are sub directories of the IP.

It doesn't appear that the stream goes to a mount point, So with that being said, how is it that the server recognizes different sources, and what does the file, that server gives to the listening client, do that causes it to know the difference between different streams on the same IP?
    KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego

Comment

• nradisch
      • Jun 2008

Okay, I think I understand your question.

In sc_trans set

outprotocol=3
      uvoxstreamid=stream id specified in sc_serv config file

since these options in sc_trans are "multi", you can have a single sc_trans generate multiple streams for an sc_serv. For example

outprotocol_0=3
      uvoxstreamid_0=5
      outprotocol_1=3
      uvoxstreamid_1=12

etc.

If you use the old shoutcast protocol (outprotocol=1 which is the default in sc_trans) then you can only attach one of them to sc_serv since there is no way to discriminate streams.

--Neil

Comment

• Brutish Sailor
        Major Dude
        • Jan 2009

Got it. Thanks.
        KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego

Comment

• bored_womble
          Winamp's Womble
          • May 2004

Originally posted by SC_faisal
          Yep - this is only a 0.1 release... Would love to hear your feedback and wish list of what we should focus on for oncoming releases.

Let us know!
          f.
          so looking through the code it appears to be a completely different code base to SC1 which I suppose is not a surprise but means a couple of things need to be thought about

i) Some method to be able to get simple track information. It has been mentioned, so 7.html, perhaps not this format but say a simple URL get which provides this information such as

would give back the current track name ? then people could get items as they need without too much bandwidth.

ii) it appears you may have some bitrate management code in the pipeline it would be good to hear about it. This may of course just be UVOX specific.

iii) The UVOX specification allows listener authentication are you going to implement that ? So people who switched to Icecast for listener authentication can switch back to SC2.

iv) some method to 'template' the index.html. This will either allow people to blank it out or provide their own skin to it, so remove the dubious requests for changing the index file.

v) Are you going to make available the UVOX specification so people can write clients rather than just using Sc_trans2 ?

I await the next drop Good stuff though, a little life in SC yet

BW
          Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.

Comment

• dotme
            • Feb 2005

It's exciting to see movement on this. Here's my short (for now) wishlist, along with a couple of questions...

1) Legacy encoder support would be important for a lot of people I think (in = portnumber, out = mount point)
            Example:
            Encoder connects on http://1.2.3.4:5678, listener connects on http://1.2.3.4:80/5678

Why? No offense, but sc_trans is well beyond the capabilities of non-technical users - heck, I can't even figure it out, and broadcasters have considerable money already invested in DJ software like SAM Broadcaster, Station Playlist and dozens of other packages out there. If I want to offer a 128k stream with audio processing, I don't want it "transcoded" at all. I want to push it to the server, end of story.

2) Authentication support for password protected/subscription streams would be cool. Something like the way Icecast currently supports it today. Listener is challenged, and provides username/pass. Shoutcast server then issues the call to a broadcaster website script URL, which "acks" or "naks" the connection attempt.

My questions...

1) Can you add/delete objects in the STREAM CONFIGS area "on the fly" without a restart of the core exe?

2) Can you specify max listeners, stream PW etc, on a per-stream basis?

3) Can SC2 RELAY a private SC1 server and be YP2 compatible that way?
            Atlantic Sound Factory
            Licensed by StreamLicensing | Powered by Fast Serv | Radionomy Broadcaster

Comment

• jaromanda
              Forum King
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by bored_womble
              v) Are you going to make available the UVOX specification so people can write clients rather than just using Sc_trans2 ?
              I wonder if http://ultravox.aol.com/ (includes spec and reference apps) is at all relevant to the "uvox 2.1" protocol in sc2?
              "If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did

Comment

• bored_womble
                Winamp's Womble
                • May 2004

Originally posted by jaromanda
                I wonder if http://ultravox.aol.com/ (includes spec and reference apps) is at all relevant to the "uvox 2.1" protocol in sc2?
                #

it does ... but it has not been updated since 2004 .... I am guessing there has been some changes since then ...

BW
                Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.

Comment

• nitromix
                  • Jun 2005

Hello,

I like to know where i can find some example of config file for SC_SERV2. I look on documentation and there is not do clear for me how is working (source, relay, etc ...)

Thanks

Comment

• Greg_E
                    Major Dude
                    • Nov 2006

How often are builds going to be released? Is it going to be a "when we have spare time" or is it going to be every XXX weeks?
                    Your mileage may vary!

Comment

• DaZilertaler
                      • Mar 2010

today i gave the new beta a go on win7
                      i have buffer problems on song change
                      2010-03-01 14:19:12 I msg:[admincgi]title update [Susanna And The Magical Orchestra - It�s A Long Way To The Top]
                      2010-03-01 14:19:15 E msg:Bad UTF-8 code (92) at position 5f
                      2010-03-01 14:19:12 E msg:Failure converting filename to metadata Bad UTF-8 code (92) at position 26
                      2010-03-01 14:19:12 E msg:Failure converting filename to metadata Bad UTF-8 code (92) at position 26

a sc_serv config example would be handy i think i'm doing something wrong

have a nic day
                      Last edited by DaZilertaler; 1 March 2010, 12:28.
                      http://smiley.kyak106.com

Comment

• SC_faisal
                        SHOUTcast (Alumni)
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Greg_E
                        How often are builds going to be released? Is it going to be a "when we have spare time" or is it going to be every XXX weeks?
                        We hope to release one when we have enough bug fixes / new features. Looking forward to a new release soon...

f.
                        SHOUTcast | Winamp

Comment

• nradisch
                          • Jun 2008

Your playlists must be valid UTF-8 and any metadata embedded in the audio files must also be valid UTF-8. sc_serv and sc_trans do not accept locale based character sets.

--Neil

Originally posted by DaZilertaler
                          today i gave the new beta a go on win7
                          i have buffer problems on song change
                          2010-03-01 14:19:12 I msg:[admincgi]title update [Susanna And The Magical Orchestra - It�s A Long Way To The Top]
                          2010-03-01 14:19:15 E msg:Bad UTF-8 code (92) at position 5f

a sc_serv config example would be handy i think i'm doing something wrong

have a nic day

Comment

• Klausi2007
                            • Mar 2007

Is it possible to relay a 1.9.8 server without yp2 compatibility?

When i try "relayport" and "relayserver", the sc_serv ends up there:

shoutcast2beta# ./sc_serv sc_10666.conf
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:<***> Logger startup
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:<***> version 0.2.0.0 build 0.0.7.0
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 D msg:<***>
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[main] calculated cpu count is 2
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[main] starting 2 network threads
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[ban] Banned 0 IP's
                            2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[rip] 0 entries in rip list

It has to be killed with "kill-9" ...

Regards, Klaus
                            euer-radio.de - Shoutcast Radio/TV from Germany since 2006

Comment

• nitromix
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Klausi2007
                              Is it possible to relay a 1.9.8 server without yp2 compatibility?

When i try "relayport" and "relayserver", the sc_serv ends up there:

shoutcast2beta# ./sc_serv sc_10666.conf
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:<***> Logger startup
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:<***> version 0.2.0.0 build 0.0.7.0
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 D msg:<***>
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[main] calculated cpu count is 2
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[main] starting 2 network threads
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[ban] Banned 0 IP's
                              2010-03-01 21:26:30 I msg:[rip] 0 entries in rip list

It has to be killed with "kill-9" ...

Regards, Klaus
                              From what i understnd from config files, for relay you have to use:
                              streamrelayurl=

Personal i try to get relay from SHOUTcast 1.9.8 but all the time on Winamp i get this error: "[ICY 401 Service Unavailable]]"

SHOUTcast 2 connect on SHOUTcast 1.9.8, get the stream signal and after that i get:

2010-03-01 23:42:27 E msg:[dst 192.168.1.89:4742 sid=2] Shoutcast 1 cl
                              ient connection rejected. Stream not available. WinampMPEG/5.57, Ultravox/2.1
                              2010-03-01 23:42:39 W msg:[yp2] Timeout waiting for data retrying
                              2010-03-01 23:42:39 I msg:[yp2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com

So without a clear info about config file and maybe a working YP2, we can not use yet

Comment

• Greg_E
                                Major Dude
                                • Nov 2006

How about adding support for Flash encoders and Flash streaming?(kernel level not built on Java)
                                Your mileage may vary!

Comment

Working...
                                X