• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aminifu
    Forum King
    • Aug 2011

Hi PeterK.,

I forgot to give you a for adding the classic skin's fire color effect for the spectrum analyzer. I've spent years looking for this effect in modern skins and could not find it. Even in the skins that listed it, it didn't work. I finally resigned myself to the idea that it was a Winamp Classic exclusive.

Hopefully Victhor or ariszlo will have some insight into the 5 color lines. Are you sure they are for the oscilloscope and not the spectrum analyzer?
    Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• PeterK.
      Quinto Black CT Developer
      • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by libero View Post
      But then make sure that when playing the track, the indication does not disappear at low sound levels.
      Good point, libero. Done! From now on, the -20 LEDs are always on when a song is played.

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
      Hi PeterK.,

I forgot to give you a for adding the classic skin's fire color effect for the spectrum analyzer.
      Thank you. Please remember (all) that the Classic color of the Oscilloscope is white. (have a look at the Classic skin). I am mentioning this because I merged the color schemes for both Oscilloscope and Spectrum Analyzer into one Visualizer Color section. So Classic color for Spectrum Analyzer is green-yellow-red and plain white for all three styles of the Oscilloscope.

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
      Hopefully Victhor or ariszlo will have some insight into the 5 color lines. Are you sure they are for the Oscilloscope and not the Spectrum Analyzer?
      I pretty am, Aminifu, color osc as a name for a parameter is quite unique and applies definitely to the color of the Oscilloscope.
      Quinto Black CT

Comment

• libero
        • Oct 2017

Excellent, thank you for listening to my wish. Only one replacement on the go. The start-up LEDs should be lit, not -20. That is, there should be initial (show the inclusion of the program), then -20 and so on. And I also asked to add 2-3 LEDs per channel in the range from -20 to -3 for more accurate transmission of the audio signal. Test this option, maybe for the next version. The indicator starts to work completely differently. Thank you.

Comment

• bennyboy
          • Nov 2017

Hi Peter. Congratulations on an awesome skin creation. Really looking forward to checking out v1.6 in the very near future. In my opinion this is undoubtedly the best skin release since the mighty MMD3 and ZDL Analogue Studio.

The only slight constructive criticism I'd like to offer (and I hope you don't mind) is that the individual components don't all fit together nicely they way they do with Winamp Classic. This is something I always liked about Mikezee's ZDL skins from way back in the day.

If you you were able to adjust and resize things just a touch so that everything just slots neatly into place with no gaps then I reckon you'd be close to perfection. :-)

And finally, if you'll allow me to cross over to the dark-side for just a moment, you should definitely check out the latest Anteres skin for Aimp (sorry that's probably a swearword on here!).
          https://www.aimp*****?do=catalog&rec_id=925

Comment

• bennyboy
            • Nov 2017

[IMG]https://www.aimp*****files/windows/skins/a/Antares_full.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• bennyboy
              • Nov 2017

Is there a way to edit your posts on this forum? I didn't realise how large those images were!

Comment

• Victhor
                Late skinner & Moderator
                • May 2003

Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
                Is there a way to edit your posts on this forum? I didn't realise how large those images were!
                You can edit only for some minutes after posting, after that you need to ask a moderator (like me) for any changes.

Best way to do it on this case is if you prepare the post like it should be, then either you PM the content and I replace the older one or post it normally and let me know (through PM) to replace it for the older one (then I delete the new one and use that content to "fix" the old post).
                · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• PeterK.
                  Quinto Black CT Developer
                  • Sep 2016

Hi Peter. Congratulations on an awesome skin creation. Really looking forward to checking out v1.6 in the very near future. In my opinion this is undoubtedly the best skin...
                  Thank you very much bennyboy! Happy to hear that! Watch out for the winaero blog - a new release is imminent.

... individual components don't all fit together nicely they way they do with Winamp Classic.
                  It is because Quinto is a Modern Skin. Modern times, modern looks.

If you you were able to adjust and resize things...
                  Sorry, no can do. I do see the point of making anything bigger, let alone smaller, which would destroy completely the design. And detaching the Equalizer form the MainPlayer, making the digital VU Meter horizontal and put all them in one column is kind of boring...

... Anteres skin for Aimp ...
                  In case you prefer those Tape-Deck-Skins I would suggest to download this one.
                  Quinto Black CT

Comment

• Aminifu
                    Forum King
                    • Aug 2011

The only slight constructive criticism I'd like to offer (and I hope you don't mind) is that the individual components don't all fit together nicely they way they do with Winamp Classic. This is something I always liked about Mikezee's ZDL skins from way back in the day.

The ZDL Gold Stack mk-II is one of my favorites. I like the way it was designed to mimic old component systems. However the Quinto Black CT's main player, playlist editor, and media library windows can all display playback controls and thus each can be used independently and do not need to be stacked when just playing music or just managing playlists or just managing a music collection.

I like that I can set up these windows to overlay each other (saving space on the monitor) and open and close them as needed without needing to use hotkeys to control playback.
                    Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                    Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• libero
                      • Oct 2017

That's right. Covers ZDL beautiful pictures - no more. If we want to make the most approximate to the exact version - do not need to turn off the path started. Cover QUINTO CT - beautiful appearance, ease of use, excellent window size, in general - the idea of super. Now the main thing is to achieve the correct adequate mutual work of all components. Successful work.

Comment

• bennyboy
                        • Nov 2017

I just used the old ZDL skins as an example. My point was that I personally prefer to have everything slot together nicely regardless of its position, so I can arrange things exactly how I want them. I realise that Quinto is a "Modern" skin rather than a "Classic", but it should still be possible and easily achievable.

Although I guess most people don't use Winamp in this way with the layout fitting the entire screen (i.e. using a laptop as a standalone music player or internet radio), so perhaps what I'm asking for isn't relevant to the majority of users... :-)

Comment

• bennyboy
                          • Nov 2017

Sorry I messed up the image attachment. I clearly suck at forums! lol

Comment

• bennyboy
                            • Nov 2017

Okay I played around and figured out exactly what my minor niggles are. The Analogue VU Meters window would work 100 times better if it were exactly the same dimensions as the main player with the same sized "cheeks". And the additional windows such as Visualization and Playlist need to have a slightly smaller minimum width so that everything fits nicely on a 1366x768 netbook display.

In the screengrab you can see that there's annoying gap between the Analogue and Digital VUs, and the Visualisation window overlaps the edge of the screen slightly. Other than that I love it! It might also look quite cool to perhaps have some little hifi-style feet underneath the Main and Analogue VU windows, but that's just me. Keep up the excellent work. :-)

Comment

• libero
                              • Oct 2017

Version 1.6 is super. A lot of settings, a great game of colors, a much better correlation of indicators. Spectrum Analyzer and Oscilloscope - great work. A small remark. The minimum value in the LED indicators should be made with the icon-infinity or simply "-". At the bottom of the scale there is room for two more LEDs. They should always burn by default. And only then -20, -15, -10 and so on. This standard is adopted in hifi devices. And the main background of the large LED indicator I would have made it darker for better perception of the indication. Once again - many thanks.

Comment

• libero
                                • Oct 2017

Now I've looked closely. In version 1.5, the colors of the large LED indicator were brighter and looked better. In my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X