View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 22:09   #251
Fumbling_Foo

Greetings everyone . I'm quite happy to see the popularity of Acid Mandala v3 and v3a, especially since they are newer but have more downloads than several previous versions of the series. So those versions are successes in my book .

I hope this next version does just as well. I really wanted this version to be v4, but its not a total makeover like v3 was. It is like a (much) refined v3a, mainly in beat response and controlling the saturation of the color. It is not perfect; highly volume-compressed songs will give it some trouble; but it, like the previous version, takes on the character of the music in its appearance - but with more variety and with more subtlety. I did improve the patterns of the waveform also with martin's code from his "darker mod," but that didn't make a big enough difference to don it v4.

I think with this version I've finally milked dry the potential of the preset as it is, except possibly for some fps normalization (the preset still looks best at 30fps). So, time to take a break. Enjoy !

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote