X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saivert
    Banned
    • Jan 2001

Submitted NxS Thinger to Winamp.com. Going to create a new thread for it soon...

Comment

• saivert
      Banned
      • Jan 2001

Submitted NxS XFade control to Winamp.com. Going to create a new thread for it soon...

Comment

• brotherS
        • Sep 2003

won't work...

Hi,

NxS Balloon Tip Notification 2.4 did not work, 2.7 does not either :-( I *really* would like to use it, but I can enable it how often I want, no balloon at all would show up. I even disabled the "use Winamp's tray icon" function to test the "skip to next song" function: I got another tray symbol, but clicking it had no effect...

Comment

• saivert
          Banned
          • Jan 2001

Sure you downloaded it from:

I have tested it on two XP machines. It works for me.

Make sure you got this:
          - Winamp 5.05 with Media Library.
          - Windows XP (Home or Pro, doesn't matter)
          - NxS Balloon Tip v2.7 installed.
          - The right Winamp instance.
          Maybe you are running a different installation of Winamp.

Have you tried my other plugins?`

Comment

• batagy
            • Oct 2004

Saivert!

Your Nxs Balloon Tip plugin is great! New version (2.71) now works for Winamp shoutcast radios! I like it, I like it!

Comment

• brotherS
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by saivert
              Make sure you got this:
              - Winamp 5.05 with Media Library.
              - Windows XP (Home or Pro, doesn't matter)
              - NxS Balloon Tip v2.7 installed.
              - The right Winamp instance.
              Maybe you are running a different installation of Winamp.
              I got Windows 2000, not XP. But I see no reason why it should not work with W2k.

Comment

• shaneh
                Major Dude
                • Jan 2004

You see no reason? How about the fact that Win2k != WinXP, they are different operating systems.

WinXP was relased a few years after 2K. Is it not unreasonable to expect that something was added with regards to features and API's in those years to warrant another release?
                Music Plugins

Comment

• brotherS
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by shaneh
                  You see no reason? How about the fact that Win2k != WinXP, they are different operating systems.

WinXP was relased a few years after 2K. Is it not unreasonable to expect that something was added with regards to features and API's in those years to warrant another release?
                  XP is not *that* far from W2k like W2k from W98. This plugin would be the first software that does not run on W2k that I know of. What it does sounds great, but that should be possible on W2k too.

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseee, saivert, make the next version W2k compatible.

Comment

• shaneh
                    Major Dude
                    • Jan 2004

The balloon tips are part of XP, it would require showing the tip in a custom window or basic tip window. This is basically what my Toaster plugin does, but uses skinning and album showing etc as well.
                    Music Plugins

Comment

• drewbar
                      Sawg 2.0
                      Major Dude
                      • Mar 2004

The balloon thing is a feature native to Windows XP, it was not included in Windows 2000. Therefore, it would be impossible to do in Windows 2000 without writing his own balloon code. So, for this having XP is required.
                      Count with us!
                      Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246

Comment

• brotherS
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by shaneh
                        The balloon tips are part of XP, it would require showing the tip in a custom window or basic tip window. This is basically what my Toaster plugin does, but uses skinning and album showing etc as well.
                        Thanks to you and drewbar! The Bloglines notifier also displays a 'balloon' info, so I thought it is the same in XP.

Anyway, I installed and tested the Toaster plugin - nice, I'll keep this one! Since it crashed Winamp while I was changing its settings: is there a way to be noticed about future versions of the plugin?

Comment

• saivert
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2001

It does exists!

Balloon Style ToolTips do exists in Windows 2000 as it's part of the Platform SDK for that version of Windows. You can display Balloon Popups in W2k too, except that balloons do not have a close butten (X). I don't have Windows 2000 at the moment (upgraded from W98 SE to XP).

I'm going to look into this for the next version (would be 2.72).

Comment

• brotherS
                            • Sep 2003

@saivert:
                            Thanks, please let us know then here.

Regarding the Toaster plugin:
                            I like the plugin, but can't find a FAQ or description of all features (not all are self-explaining). And one suggestion: please add an option to have the track info pop up again every x minutes when a 'track' is played for more than x minutes. That would be helpful - I often listen to a internet radio station for several hours and would like to be reminded every 20 or 30 minutes what I am listening to.

Comment

• shaneh
                              Major Dude
                              • Jan 2004

Questions about Toaster should go in this or a new thread, rather than hijacking another or going OT:

There is a gen_toaster.htm document which describes most things. Its installed with the plugin. Popping up every x minutes etc may make into a 0.5 stream of Toaster, I am not sure. 0.6 will be done quite differently, and will allow much more flexibility to allow things like this.

Alternatively, you can use my ActiveWinamp scripting (Winamp Scripting) plugin to call 'ShowNotification' every x minutes. This is similar to how Toaster 0.6 will allow extensibility using ActiveWinamp.
                              Music Plugins

Comment

• siebe83
                                Forum King
                                • Feb 2004

Hi Saivert,

would it be possible to customize what happens when you click the balloon tip? As it is now, it'll make Winamp skip to the next song. Actually I don't want it to do anything at all (i.e. make the tip disappear), or maybe popup Winamp.
                                I have the tip configured to use Winamp tray's icon. When I click the tray icon when the tip is being displayed it'll skip to the next song instead of popup Winamp...

Great plugin: simple and clear
                                If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Comment

Working...
                                X