View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2014, 12:54   #21
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hahahahaha...

The monitor has a power supply unit and 2 cables. The cable to the network connector wasn't connected correctly anymore with the power supply unit, maybe it had happened during one of the clean-up operations in the apartment. Suddenly I wanted to check the cables. I have disconnected the cable from the monitor and I have followed the way of the cable. Then I have discovered, it belongs to this power supply unit. I have reconnected the cable with the monitor, then I have checked the connection of the other cable from the power supply unit to the network connector, it was no longer fixed in the power supply unit. But the connection works again now...

The other old monitor for Frank's Vista machine was more in use, while the monitor for the XP machine was only rarely in use. The monitor for his Vista machine had made more and more problems, until it was really dead. I had the replacement monitor already at home and I just needed to connect it. Frank had to get used to it, that he has to work with 16:9 now instead of 4:3. He loved more 4:3, while I love more 16:9 and 16:10 (the monitor for my Vista machine is in 16:10). The Winamp Skins Bento and cPro2_-_Winamp_for_Mac_Sync.wal really look better on 16:9 & 16:10 than on 4:3. Okay, for the XP machine also the 4:3 monitor will do the job for me now...

The XP machine will not become a further Workstation PC for me, but I can use it now, I can do with it, what I want, and both accounts are administrator accounts. To change between them, I have changed the waiting time for the screensaver from 60 minutes to 15 minutes, then I can change between the accounts during the same session. You have already suggested different installations in different accounts. But on the XP machine I have changed from "Frank" to "Sabine" now, and on the desktop I don't see "Arbeitsplatz", Goldwave 2001 and the folders anymore, only Avira etc. Okay, then a few new installs will come into Frank's account and not into mine. I have copied only a very small selection of setups from the USB-Sticks into a new folder on the desktop, I have also sorted them in subfolders...

Edit: I have found the solution for the desktop in Systemsteuerung > Darstellung und Designs > Desktophintergrund ändern > Desktop anpassen. At least I can see now also "Eigene Dateien", "Arbeitsplatz" and "Internet Explorer" (maybe still useful for .html-files), although I cannot see Goldwave 2001 and the few created folders on the desktop, and I have access to the music, videos and artwork only via "Arbeitsplatz" > "Dateien von Frank" ("Dateien von Sabine" doesn't contain these files). I have made also some other changings, in "Sabine" I wanted to have now "Stonehenge" instead of "Grüne Idylle", in "Frank" I have changed from "Kein" to "Zeitmaschine". I will go back to there, while I am learning to know XP very late (we have already 2014)...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 3rd May 2014 at 14:56.
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote