View Single Post
Old 7th May 2014, 14:49   #28
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Most people don't have enough hours in a day (also I myself). But it's more important, if someone has a well-paid job without overtime.

I still want to post the link to all uploads of this other YouTube-User now:
https://www.youtube.com/user/lostilein/videos
At first this user had used the Windows Media Player on XP, then the Windows Media Player on Vista and later Winamp.

Since some years the "U-Bahn TV" in the Berlin U-Bahn (the metro trains in Berlin) is used, there are also places with infos on the U-Bahn-Stations. And the supermarket Kaisers uses LCD-monitors for their advertisement-videos. Windows XP was always used for that, and I saw the old error-message "Softwarename has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." twice. For Vista & Win7 it's the error-message "Softwarename has stopped working". What will the Berlin U-Bahn and Kaisers do now, if Windows XP is not supported anymore after 14 years?

2 years ago I discovered in a Turkish snack bar an old notebook with XP. The team had always used it for the internet, and they wanted to play also music from their notebook via their HiFi Systems. But suddenly their notebook didn't work anymore and it had to be brought to the service shop. After some weeks it was back, and I saw the screensaver of Windows XP again. The team had played music from YouTube in Firefox via the HiFi Systems very often, or they had surfed with Firefox. I think, they have to disconnect their notebook from the internet now and they have to use another notebook with Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 / 8.1, if not already done (I didn't see it in action anymore since 1 month).

Okay, Windows XP had lived for 14 years. Will also Windows Vista and Windows 7 live for 14 years? Then those computers can stay connected until 2020 and 2023. And then the users would have to use Windows 8 / 8.1 and above. I hope, Winamp & Milkdrop will work also on future Windows Versions, not only on Vista & Win7...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote