• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterK.
    Quinto Black CT Developer
    • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
    I wonder how you are going to do that. Will it be an invisible layer partially covering the list area that will become visible when you hover the mouse over it and grab it?
    Hello Ariszló,

It will be a pleasure to answer your question.

Let's take the Playlist Editor for this demonstration.

Generally speaking every container window has three layers. Each one of them is placed within a <groupdef>. As you can see on that screenshot, we have ...

1) standard background layer
    2) frame layer (in this case - NoFrame)
    3) component layer (here Playlist plus AlbumCover)

In order to be able to switch between three frame layer groups (NoFrame -> Frame -> PlaybackFrame) you need a script, in which you specify which group should be hidden/shown AND (very important!) which size the component layer should have.

Hence you will need a different size while showing the PlaybackFrame and you will need another one, when NoFrame group is active. The trick here is not to make a 1-pixel-bitmap-file (which would be our frame) but to manage to align both layers (frame and component) so just 1 pixel is left on the left, bottom and right side.

Is this clear?

You also cannot get rid completely of the frame layer (=cover it to 100% with component layer) because you would lose the ability of resizing your container window. You still need at least 1 pixel so the standard mouse pointer can change into the "double-headed-resize-arrow" while hovering over the bottom right corner.

And this is where it could get a little bit tricky, as I already mentioned.

@Aminifu

Is it O.K. like this?

Attached Files
    Quinto Black CT

Comment

• Aminifu
      Forum King
      • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post

Is it O.K. like this?
      That looks fine!
      Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
      Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• PeterK.
        • Sep 2016

A small feature: if you move the Balance Slider on the Equalizer drawer a red bar appears in order to remind you that the Slider is not in the center.

Attached Files
        Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
          Major Dude
          • Jun 2015

Nice and useful.
          Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Comment

• PeterK.
            • Sep 2016

A big THANK YOU goes to Aminifu and Ariszló for their active participation in this thread ...

I do appreciate it guys!
            Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
              • Sep 2016

Many weeks ago Victor has a wonderful idea. He asked me to display notifications like "Crossfade On/Off" on the MainPlayer's display. I very welcomed that suggestion and extended this to ALL possible notes like "CLOSE ALBUM DRAWER" or "REPEAT: ALL" etc.

Now I realized that there is an "oddity" regarding this workflow and Color Themes Container.
              Normally, Winamp adds a new created container to the Context Menu, which is understandable. The drawback of this option is that the CT Button on the Equalizer Drawer AND Color Themes Container ARE NOT SYNCHRONIZED as it is the case between PL-, ML-windows and "their" buttons on the MainPlayer.

This has an ugly effect that wrong notifications are shown when I ...

- open CT window by a click on the CT-Button (="OPEN COLOR THEMES")
              - close CT window using the X-Button
              - open it again using the CT-Button (="CLOSE COLOR THEMES" which is completely wrong here)

What can be done here?

1) I very doubt it, that I could "hide" the COLOR THEMES command in the Context Menu and "leave" the user just with the CT Button. Is it possible?
              2) I am not aware of any technique how to set a PrivateInteger after opening a Container window using the Context Menu. Do anybody of you know the trick?
              3) Get rid of the CT Button on the Equalizer Drawer. Unorthodox but would avoid the wrong notifications on the display.

What to do ...?
              Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                • Sep 2016

Do any of you know what are the wasabi id's for the scrollbar background and this spot marked pink on the screenshot?

(wasabi.scrollbar.background does not show any effect on my Media Library).

Thanks.
                Attached Files
                Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                  • Sep 2016

Yet another small feature for all fans of "clean design".

If you click on a container, what will set focus on that particular window, all caption buttons on all other windows will "disappear". In order to get them back, all you have to do is, move your mouse over the window and click it (set focus).
                  Attached Files
                  Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
                    Major Dude
                    • Jun 2015

Do any of you know what are the wasabi id's for the scrollbar background and this spot marked pink on the screenshot?
                    The color of the pink spot is the same as the background color of the media library around the list view area:

PHP Code:
                    <color id="wasabi.window.background" value="255,0,255"/> 
                    If you click on a container, what will set focus on that particular window, all caption buttons on all other windows will "disappear". In order to get them back, all you have to do is, move your mouse over the window and click it (set focus).
                    Attached Files

Comment

• PeterK.
                      • Sep 2016

The color of the pink spot is the same as the background color of the media library around the list view area
                      Yes, I know and this is also the reason why I am asking: I would like to have it in the same color as the scrollbar background (which in my case is a bitmap file, since wasabi.scrollbar.background does not work)
                      Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
                        Major Dude
                        • Jun 2015

Then I guess what remains is putting an extra layer with a small square on top of the layer with the scrollbars.

Comment

• PeterK.
                          • Sep 2016

Nah, I will leave it as it is.

My question was initially triggered by this picture which I found on the forum:

It led me into thinking I could change the color of this "dead area" spot using just a wasabi line. Obviously it was deleted during the development and replaced by the wasabi.window.background id, which, as seen on your screenshot, now extends on more area than it used to. This is what wasabi.window.background used to cover:

Thank you for your effort.
                          Attached Files
                          Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                            • Sep 2016

This is probably my last note before the upcoming test and final compilation.

I would like to mention that for the sake of a "clean design" I moved the vertical scrollbar with its buttons on the Color Themes container window (while running the NoFrame option) so far to the right that you will not see it. "Hiding" the scrollbar does not affect the functionality of the list though. We still can move the content of the list up and down using the scrollwheel on the mouse.

In case some of you cannot help but notice that the background bar is too short, I can assure you that this is not a skin-related issue. The width of that background bar seems to be constant regardless of the total width of the entire ColorList.

If you know how to make this background bar wider, please speak now ...
                            Attached Files
                            Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                              • Sep 2016

This is a solution/answer to my own question, which I asked in my previous post.

The issue was the length of the background bar in the ColorThemes container window.

Creating a new ColorThemes container will provide not only the actual list of color themes which are stored in a .xml-file but also show a tab divided in two parts. On the left part, it says Theme and this part is clickable: by doing so the sort order is changed from A to Z and vice versa. The right part of that tab is not labeled and seems to not have any function. (You will not see that tab in my skin since I disabled it.)

The crucial part is that the divider between those two has a constant width and cannot be grabbed or moved in any direction. Hence the (exactly same) constant width of the colored background bar.

"Quod erat demonstrandum" = which is what had to be shown
                              Attached Files
                              Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                                • Sep 2016

A short note:

I have added a new feature to Quinto's upcoming update (v1.1) which will allow you to place the notifier all over your display/monitor:

I also made some subtle changes regarding the minimum size of container windows in order to avoid truncated text while running on high resolution displays.

Attached Files
                                Quinto Black CT

Comment

Working...
                                X