View Single Post
Old 27th October 2012, 17:11   #1
Nathan_Hui

Winamp crashes during Android sync

I have Winamp v5.63 (x86) installed on Windows 7 x64 running on a third generation core i7. I am trying to sync with a Samsung Galaxy SII running Android 2.3.6 (GINGERBREAD.UCLA3) with Winamp 1.3.8.

My problem is that I am trying to sync most of my media library to the phone, but partway through the sync, winamp crashes (Windows pops up a window saying that winamp has stopped working). When I restart winamp and restart the sync, winamp crashes almost immediately, but when I manually select a few songs to transfer from the bottom of the "List of songs to transfer" list, it works alright, for the most part. There are a couple titles that apparently won't sync, but I believe that is another unrelated problem, though I could be wrong on that note.

The question I have is why is Winamp crashing, and is there a way to fix it or is there an easier way to kludge a solution?

P.S: I have gotten the phone to sync to Winamp on another computer before, but then that computer died, so this is a new computer. I've transferred all of the media files and manually transferred as many settings as I could figure out. And yes, the phone might have a preexisting sync (I deleted the folder which contained the synced music files and the winamp application files, which didn't help. I then reinstalled winamp on the phone, and tried again, but same result)
Nathan_Hui is offline   Reply With Quote