View Single Post
Old 11th August 2018, 16:37   #12
JacquesMoreau29

NJK, thanks for helping me... I really appreciate.

I'm a "IT Support/Network admin" for the last 30 years.
The first thing i did was a continuous ping (-t) and Tracert of listen.shoutcast.com. Everything is normal.

The cutting in & out happen everywhere at home (fiber), at my office (fiber), on my cellphone (with a data plan) and also happen to my friends at their house.

If I drop the quality of the broadcast at 64K (very poor quality)... I noticed that the cutting in & out is less). But 64K is not acceptable in my book. I tried 128 (same issue). I'm at 192 now (and it's not worst than 128)

Also, If I'm not broadcasting (not sending music to shoutcast at all), the shoutcast fallback song located on the shoutcast server takes over.... and that fallback song cutting in & out also. It's prove that the problem is not cause by my broadcasting.... But from the shoutcast server to the customers.

I'm still scratching my head... But my big guess is still pointing on the poor quality service of shoutcast to deliver the sound correctly to the customers. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this issue.

To make sure that I'm not crazy... if it's possible (If you have the chance)... can somebody listen to my radio for a while (1 hour or less) and tell me if it cutting in & out for them also?

http://listen.shoutcast.com/AustinBluesRadio

Thanks in advance for any help.

ANY SUGGESTION FOR A SHOUTCAST ALTERNATIVE?
(I don't want to create my own DNAS for the moment)
JacquesMoreau29 is offline   Reply With Quote