X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

and you are definitely passing sc_trans_playlist.conf as the configuration file to sc_trans?

i have to ask as the log you posted before looks like that is not what is being done as the default handling is to look for a 'calendar.xml' in the current directory and the msg:[CALENDARMGR] Could not load calendar file (calendar.xml) could not open file. message will always show the filename of the file it tried to use which isn't pl_calendar.xml as per the example configuration you just referenced.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• I_E_P_U_R_A_S
      • Dec 2010

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
      and you are definitely passing sc_trans_playlist.conf as the configuration file to sc_trans?

i have to ask as the log you posted before looks like that is not what is being done as the default handling is to look for a 'calendar.xml' in the current directory and the msg:[CALENDARMGR] Could not load calendar file (calendar.xml) could not open file. message will always show the filename of the file it tried to use which isn't pl_calendar.xml as per the example configuration you just referenced.

-daz
      I changed location, but nothing

calendarfile=./calendar/calendar.xml

2010-12-23 20:18:04 I msg:[TRANSCast] DNAS/posix(linux) v 0.2.0.0 b 0.0.40.0 (Dec 12 2010) starting up...
      2010-12-23 20:18:04 I msg:[MAIN] PID: 20429
      2010-12-23 20:18:04 I msg:TimeMultiplier = 1 TimeShift = 0
      2010-12-23 20:18:04 E msg:[CALENDARMGR] Could not load calendar file (calendar.xml) could not open file.
      2010-12-23 20:18:04 I msg:[VUPUSH] 101 VU images loaded
      2010-12-23 20:18:04 I msg:[VUPUSH] 101 VU images loaded

Comment

• DrO
        • Sep 2003

what is the command-line you're entering to run sc_trans please.

-daz

Comment

• I_E_P_U_R_A_S
          • Dec 2010

I found what was wrong, should be placed in the same folder sc_trans, not in calendar folder path so it must be so and go

calendarfile=./calendar.xml

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

it should be running straight from the folder and doesn't have to be in the same folder (as that's just using the default searching now).

i guess i'll have to double-check things (though was working fine when i setup the example on my linux vm) but i'm now on holiday so won't be responding or doing any more checking of things for the next few days.

-daz

Comment

• I_E_P_U_R_A_S
              • Dec 2010

thanks, now I walk the testing schedule and enjoyable vacation until things come back I have to study alone

Comment

• I_E_P_U_R_A_S
                • Dec 2010

is very difficult I found a new problem in no way understand what is wrong

2010-12-23 21:56:01 E msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Could not activate playlist `1' because not registered (make sure to use the symbolic name for the playlist (playlistfilename_XX for the playlist)
                2010-12-23 21:56:01 I msg:[CALENDARMGR] Removing event m_playlist=1 m_loopAtEnd=1 m_priority=1 m_shuffle=0 m_id=1 m_startDate=year:0,mon:0,mday:0,hour:21,min:40,sec:0,isdst:0,wd

i have this path

playlistfilename_0=jingles
                playlistfilepath_0=./playlists/jingles.lst

playlistfilename_1=1
                playlistfilepath_1=./playlists/1.lst

Comment

• Rothgar
                  • Jun 2001

Hey DrO, nice work on the new release, glad to see theres a bit of activity again.

I had a feature request I am hoping you might be able to look at, I assume it should be fairly easy:

Can you guys look at making the Stream Title etc (Multi) so you can specify 1 per encode.

This would allow in our instance specifying the bitrate in the title as well like My Radio (32Bit) My Radio (64Bit) etc.

Also I recommended maybe changing the IRC protocol to use the new irc:// standards?

Would be great if those could be implemented.

I'll check out the new version see if it fixes my main problem, I had reports that it was causing glitches for some mobile device players.

I had one of our listeners report issues with listening to the AAC stream from his Android device. He said it made a "glitch" sound.

I removed the transcoder from the equation and streamed AAC directly and he said it fixed the issue.

Any idea, is there a slight issue with the way the transcoder streams AAC that makes it not play nice with some devices?
                  Dawgclan Network
                  Genre: Rap/Hip-Hop
                  http://www.dawgclan.net

Comment

• DrO
                    • Sep 2003

I_E_P_U_R_A_S: the problem i think is due to the example paths in the configuration examples being the windows versions instead of the linux versions. i need to double check it though i'm not fully back yet so cannot get to my linux VM's for the moment.

Rothgar: i'll make a note though the main work is directed at the server and dsp plug-in at the moment so i'm not going to make any promises on getting around to looking into the requests.

as for the android issue, i'm really not too sure though anything is possible with it maybe due to having a different output rate of the stream between the direct and sc_trans method. though with so many variations in what different android devices support anything is possible. alas i don't have access to an android device so i'm somewhat clueless on such things (ironically i prefer a phone which just does what it needs, heh).

-daz

Comment

• Prox
                      • Dec 2010

Hello friend good day.

I communicate with you to find out if you have a solution to my problem.

I raise my situation:

I have two radios installed in Linux server (a 16kbps 48kbps another).
                      I need a Linux encoder that sends the audio of the first and second, to take high-quality audio and low quality in my page.

this encoder works for me me solve my problem?

Thanks.

Comment

• DrO
                        • Sep 2003

sc_trans can create 2 different bitrate streams and then feed them to either a sc_serv v2 instance (which can server mutliple streams) or can feed two different legacy servers if that is what you are already using.

you'd just need to setup two encoder configuration blocks within the sc_trans configuration file for what you want for each of the streams along with the relevant server details for where the streams need to be fed too.

-daz

Comment

• cuddles71
                          • Oct 2008

Well, once I figured out the configuration, the new sc_trans works great. Except for one little thing....

From my server:
                          code:
                          <01/08/11@04:13:57> [source] connected from xx.xx.xx.xx
                          <01/08/11@04:13:57> [source] icy-name:KJSR.net ; icy-genre:Various
                          <01/08/11@04:13:57> [source] icy-pub:0 ; icy-br:64 ; icy-url:http://kjsr.net
                          <01/08/11@04:13:57> [source] icy-irc:n/a ; icy-icq:n/a ; icy-aim:n/a
                          <01/08/11@04:13:59> [dest: yy.yy.yy.yy] starting stream (UID: 123)[L: 1]{A: WinampMPEG/5.58, Ultravox/2.1}(P: 0)
                          <01/08/11@04:15:48> [source] no data (30s timeout). disconnecting.

At the same time, here's what sc_trans shows:
                          code:
                          2011-01-08 04:14:12 I msg:[SHOUTCASTMETADATA] Metadata string [Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing]
                          2011-01-08 04:14:12 I msg:[SHOUTCASTMETADATA] Sending metadata
                          2011-01-08 04:14:13 I msg:[SHOUTCASTMETADATA] Metadata string [Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing]
                          2011-01-08 04:14:13 I msg:[SHOUTCASTMETADATA] Sending metadata

It never picks back up from there. Anything I can set to get a more detailed log?

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

are you using a v1 DNAS server as it's possible that you've not got the transcoder setup to work in the correct mode (am guessing it's a v1 DNAS server due to the lower case starting parts of the log messages.

-daz

Comment

• cuddles71
                              • Oct 2008

Yes, it's a v1, and I've set sc_trans accordingly. I'm not exactly new at this.

Beta 2 drop 6 is running rock solid on my server, but I'd like to use some of the features of this new one.

BTW, every time I load this thread, my Avast anti-virus goes crazy, warning about the banner ad for war-arron dot com.

Comment

• BornKillaz
                                • Jan 2010

Hi there!

I can't get this version to start!

I come up with this.
                                (...Lots of stuff here...)
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[VUPUSH] 0 VU images loaded
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[VUPUSH] 0 VU images loaded
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist load from file /home/(...removed by me...)/playlist.lst
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Caching playlist /home/(...removed by me...)/playlist.lst
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Load complete
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 E msg:[MAIN] No config file passed
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[SOURCERELAY] Thread starting
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:[SOURCERELAY] Thread exiting
                                2011-01-09 19:04:52 I msg:<***> Logger shutdown

I can get the previous build working with no problems using the same start command:

/home/(...removed by me...)/sc_trans /home/(...removed by me...)/sc_trans.conf

I'm on CentOS, running:
                                SHOUTcast Server Version 1.9.8 (didn't like the new "buffer type" in version 2)
                                along with
                                Transcoder version 0.2.0.0 build 0.0.39.0 (previous build, and is working fine)

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance.
                                <?php echo str_rot13("FUBHGpnfg QANF Ehyrf!"); ?>

Comment

Working...
                                X