View Single Post
Old 6th October 2000, 01:03   #34
Aidan

I downloaded the Stone prog but it is in some .lzh compression format. I downloaded the lha213 compression utility, but for some damn reason can't get the stone file decompressed. Would someone please email me the prog or point me to a site that has it in zip, arj, cab, or any other compression other than .LZH!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by griffinn:
Here's to offer a little more info that might help, since this proxy authentication issue keeps popping up in the Tech Forum...

If you can't bother to find out how to base64-encode your username assword string, and would get arrested for running a packet sniffer, you can try to coerce your IE / Netscape into telling you your Proxy-Authentication header by running the HTTP ProxySpy:
http://home.comset.net/povarov/proxy.html

This utility acts as a man-in-the-middle between your browser and the real proxy, and can log all the HTTP negotiation that's going on, including the proxy auth header the browser makes after it asks you for your proxy username and password. Just set up this ProxySpy app, then use your browser to surf a couple of pages. Then scour through the ProxySpy log and you'll find a "Proxy-Authentication" header. Copy that whole line and use it with the "stone" utility mentioned earlier in this thread.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote