X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLCR
    • Feb 2014

Adverts not playing on all servers?

Kind of confused. I have a series of servers that are relaying from the main box. Our servers are in New Jersey, and some in Canada. The box all others relay from is in New Jersey.

When the trigger of Advert: comes up not all servers play the adverts. If I listen to the boxes in New Jersey I hear the adverts, but not on all servers. Same with the Canadian servers. I hear them in some but not all.

So I am left wondering why the adverts aren't playing on all boxes for me. I am in the US and assume that regardless of where the box is, they would play for me.

Thoughts?
  • AJLeibengeist
    • May 2014

I just started using Adverts today and can't get them to work at all. I'm in the US, New Mexico, Albuquerque along with my server. I have the Title and Artist as "Advert:", but when they get inserted in the playlist, they don't work.

Do the Advert files need to be exactly 2 minutes long or can 1:58 and 2.01 minute files work?
    Do I need to consider the amount of time that gets over lapped by the broadcast system to the SHOULTcast server?

Comment

• DJ Egg
      Spectral Techorator
      • Jun 2000

@AJLeibengeist

It needs to be Advert: (with the colon on the end)

The ad trigger files can be any length, but we recommend exactly 120 secs so that the programming returns to the beginning of the next song for listeners in monetized countries (as opposed to e.g. in the middle of the next song if the trigger file was eg. 1 sec)

A forthcoming version of the DNAS will have more flexible options, i.e. tone trigger support and a pause feature to return listeners back to the same spot, but for now it's best to go with the 120 sec trigger files containing music / PA's / idents / other ads / etc.

@BLCR

Still an issue?
      Best to use the support form or email address, and include all the details etc.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• AJLeibengeist
        • May 2014

So, the instruction on the site page
        "Schedule a pair of 2 minutes MP3 files with the tag “Advert:“ in the artist and title section."
        is INCorrect??
        I have "Advert:" with the colon in both Artist and Title metadata tags of the song. I swapped other tags for the actual Artist and Title. BUT, if I understand your reply. I should have "Artist:" in the Artist - and/or - Title tags?

Comment

• DJ Egg
          Spectral Techorator
          • Jun 2000

No, the instructions are correct.

Advert: (capital A and colon) in both Artist and Title tags.

Looks like you were already using it and I need glasses (the end quote in your post was visually obscuring the colon, for me)

Hmmm... I'll need to know station details (stream name & url, etc)....

Comment

• AJLeibengeist
            • May 2014

my station is listed on SHOUTcast as "KOCK.rocks BiPolar Radio." It's in the Rock Genre
            The direct stream from my server is http://kock.rocks:8000/stream
            There is a Playlist and History maintained by SAM Broadcaster at http://thunderchild.net/sambc/playing.html that's also linked from the KOCK.rocks website.

I've made playlists with Station ID and Two advertisement inserts plus some soundFX files as buffers. They load to the top of the queue two-minutes before the hour (7:58:00 AM for the 8:00 AM hour) I got them completed for the 10:00 Pm hour and listen. No ads, just music.

Comment

• DJ Egg
              Spectral Techorator
              • Jun 2000

There doesn't appear to be a stream at kock.rocks:8000 or 73.228.24.40:8000

The listen link at thunderchild.net points to a SamCloud stream

DNAS monetization requires the stream to be running on DNAS v2.5.x (or newer)

Comment

• AJLeibengeist
                • May 2014

Big Question mark? I have SHOUTcast Server v2.5.2.726/win64
                Yes, the SAM page got pointed to their cloud to see if it would fix some issues.
                My phone (android Samsung non-exploding) uses VLC player and gets a stream from "http://kock.rocks:8000/stream". All my web pages have a iframe with an address pointing to the ...8000/stream and they all work anywhere. try opening any of my websites, kock.rocks, or thunderchild.net, or rhino.thunderchild.net. I've been listing all morning running errands.

Comment

• AJLeibengeist
                  • May 2014

I'll add a SHOUTcast Listen link to the SAMBC page. Really should since all my listeners are through SC.

Comment

• AJLeibengeist
                    • May 2014

I'm gonna say that I don't have enough listeners at any one time or over the day to trigger ad insertion. Reviewed the Provider Agreement again and figured that was my problem.

Comment

• froggerbrasil
                      • Jun 2017

Doubts with the tag advert

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                      No, the instructions are correct.

Advert: (capital A and colon) in both Artist and Title tags.

Looks like you were already using it and I need glasses (the end quote in your post was visually obscuring the colon, for me)

Hmmm... I'll need to know station details (stream name & url, etc)....

Hi Dj Egg. Makes me doubt.

Should I put the tag in what way?
                      Advert: or "Advert:" with these double quotes?

I do not understand what would be 'colon'. I still need the translator and the translation does not work for the word 'colon'.

My radio is in Brazil, but I have a hearing in countries that have monetization, but my statistics of impressions are empty. I do not know if the tag is typed correctly.

Comment

• keijo
                        • Jun 2017

Hi, froggerbrasil.
                        The colon is the punctuation mark (two points) at the end of Advert, and you don't need the quotes.
                        ID3 tags should be
                        Artist ---> Advert:
                        Title ---> Advert:

That's what's working for me.
                        Hope it helps.
                        Keijo!
                        I have no ties to Radionomy/TargetSpot in any way. My posts/replies are my own so any advice I can give, try at your own risk.
                        KDPST - Keijo Grooving Moods -- (Where Music Is Your Mood) --
                        http://listen.shoutcast.com/kdpst-keijogroovingmoods

Comment

• froggerbrasil
                          • Jun 2017

Thank you very much, I have no command of your language so some simple things are bad to understand.

Comment

Working...
                          X