• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterK.
    Quinto Black CT Developer
    • Sep 2016

Done!

Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
    ... maybe on a proper tablet this is different?
    Any tablet users in the forum?
    Last edited by PeterK.; 28 January 2019, 07:36.
    Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
      Major Dude
      • Jun 2015

Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
      Done!
      Good!

Looks like the right panel of the Media Library when a playlist is selected in the left panel. If so, you could make a much bigger scrollbar.
      Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Comment

• ariszlo
        Major Dude
        • Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
        Actually I think here's the first big problem for this skin, as far as I can tell, Playlist doesn't scroll with swipes, I only get moving entries on my Laptop with touchscreen, maybe on a proper tablet this is different?
        I thought it did because it does with the middle button of a mouse. Nevertheless, PeterK.'s trick of using the right panel of the ML for the Playlist Editor makes it possible to make a bigger scrollbar.

Comment

• soggynoodles
          • Dec 2018

sorry for late reply guys, i was out during the weekend
          @PeterK. 1080 display. the device is a dell venue 11 pro

@Victhor i contacted you via my shitposting dA. it might have flagged as spam

from my point of view, it doesnt need to be fancy with all the functions such as eq. it just needs to be simple bar and play list almost like my mspaint depiction because its for when operating a vehicle and you just want to play an albums worth on average (how long do you sit in your vehicle?) and super light. just a reskin and button placement/button size for knobby fingers. at least touch friendly first then look at other functions later

Comment

• soggynoodles
            • Dec 2018

i am available @SOGGYnoodles#1171 in discord for faster reply

Comment

• soggynoodles
              • Dec 2018

i think of this project as a collab of all of us here at winamp forums because i believe this initiative 'simple and light' touch ui/skin will propel winamp player into the modern players with more windows portable devices with touchscreen become affordable and people want a lightweight yet super capable player without all the clutter minimal interface setting a benchmark for modern devices to progress into the future

Comment

• ariszlo
                Major Dude
                • Jun 2015

Originally Posted by soggynoodles View Post
                i think of this project as a collab of all of us here
                Collab in what sense? The idea has been around for a while. As for the actual skin, only PeterK. has worked on it so far. He did all the graphics and coding. What did the rest of us do?

It might become a collab if PeterK. shares what he has done so far and invite us to contribute but so far it is not, imho.
                Last edited by ariszlo; 28 January 2019, 06:56.

Comment

• PeterK.
                  Quinto Black CT Developer
                  • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
                  It might become a collab if PeterK. shares what he has done so far and invite us to contribute but so far it is not, imho.

Several days ago NOBODY MOVED A FINGER in order to create a new tablet skin and now I am the selfish bad guy who does not want to share? And you need invitation? Why did you delete it Ariszó? If there is such a demand, why did you never start such a community project?

O.K. Here you go! The stage is yours.

Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
                    Major Dude
                    • Jun 2015

and now I am the selfish bad guy who does not want to share?
                    No, PeterK., I did not call you a bad guy. I only wanted to express that one can only call a project a collab if at least two people are working on it.

Who did what?
                    • SoggyNoodles requested a skin but has not worked on it. If he had come up with an original idea then he would have deserved credit for it but the idea itself is not original. He just repeated an old request. But I may be wrong here. He could successfully repeat an old request at the right moment when an able skinner heard it. If so then I am wrong and he deserves credit as project initiator.
                    • I tried to understand exactly what kind of a skin he meant but I have not worked on the skin so I deserve no credit.
                    • You did the graphics and wrote the xmls and maki scripts.

So the only person who can claim credit for the skin is you.
                    And you need invitation?
                    If you start working on something then it is up to you to decide whether you want to finish it alone or involve other people, too.
                    Why did you delete it Ariszó?
                    I did not delete anything. I cannot see the screenshots that you posted starting with comment #7 but I did not delete them.

Please, finish the skin and publish it. I am sure that tablet users would be thankful for it.

I apologize to both PeterK. and SoggyNoodles if my previous post was offensive. And also for this post if it is.

Comment

• Victhor
                      Late skinner & Moderator
                      • May 2003

Several days ago NOBODY MOVED A FINGER in order to create a new tablet skin and now I am the selfish bad guy who does not want to share? And you need invitation? Why did you delete it Ariszó? If there is such a demand, why did you never start such a community project?

O.K. Here you go! The stage is yours.

How easily you misinterpret things.. He was defending you actually, I got that right from the very first line of text. Too much sensitivity here, and also from ariszló, soggynoodles isn't taking credit for anything, he's just proposing to work as a collab, with some people throwing ideas and some executing. The way I see it, it was steadily headed to be a 2-man skin, Peterk in coding and soggynoodles in graphics.

Also, remarking "several days ago" when the thread is 3 days old is an exaggeration, this forum has seen requests sleep for weeks before someone answered.

@soggynoodles now that I double - checked I can see your DeviantArt note.. I don't know how to say this but
                      I didn't take it seriously because of your profiles uploads, I thought it was some kinda of joke hah. If I was to do the job (which I'm not, specially due to time restrictions), would be nice to see what are your graphic skills, a Winamp skin takes too much time to make for it to end up being done poorly from the gfx side of things (at least that's how I see it, but I may be too obsessive with the aesthetics for being a designer..)
                      · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• soggynoodles
                        • Dec 2018

i stated above in the first post, i only have ps skills. i can make the skin if i had a template in a few minutes. i think we all contributed in some way or another aside from the bickering.
                        the most important part of this initiative is to get a working touch friendly, minimalistic ui/skin modern devices users prefer for apps. lets work on the first minimalistic touch friendly together before forking out for individual credits.
                        i have posted my discord id above, for anyone to feed me the template and i'll start processing it. at the end of the day, its going to beneficial to everyone

Comment

• soggynoodles
                          • Dec 2018

bah, strike me out from the credits. i just want to contribute as my skill allows back to winamp
                          to at least make it comfortable for modern device interface.
                          i'm willing to learn if someone spoon feeds me because from reading the tutorials, it seems i have to relearn every single thing from the first winamp because it kinda links to each update version just for one skin. which is really a shitload to read and learn

Comment

• Victhor
                            Late skinner & Moderator
                            • May 2003

TBH I always had a plan of my own to add a "mode" with a something like this, but it was recursively left out, first from Komodo (on one of the "official" threads there's even a sketch done by a user asking for that layout) and then from Big Bento Modern. I'll add it at some point for sure (and my idea always was to make it as "standalone" as possible, so other skinners could re-use the code as needed).
                            · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• ariszlo
                              Major Dude
                              • Jun 2015

Originally Posted by soggynoodles View Post
                              bah, strike me out from the credits.
                              When I saw the screenshot in this post (no longer there), it looked like a finished skin so I did not understand what collab you were speaking about. The skin was finished and nobody else had worked on it but PeterK.

Rereading your posts, now I see that you requested what you call a template to which you would add your own graphics. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

• Victhor
                                Late skinner & Moderator
                                • May 2003

Well.. suddenly this thread has been too quiet.. just to be cristal clear, I'm not available to do this skin for the time being, and for at least a couple of months more I guess.

So PeterK, if you want to go ahead, be my guest.
                                · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

Working...
                                X