View Single Post
Old 4th March 2007, 15:53   #64
kr4zy

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yes. Just upgrade normally, and all ratings/playcounts/etc will be carried forward from 5.32 to 5.33, heh. It's just that 5.33 will convert the database into unicode format (though the filenames will stay the same: main.dat, recent.dat, etc) and therefore you won't be able to use them if you revert back to an older version (though in 99.9% of cases there should be no need to ever revert to an older version).
Ok.

I tried this, however I don't have a previous install of winamp present as I recently did a fresh install + format of Windows Vista.
I tried installing 5.32 and then copying my /ml/ dir into /plugins/ dir like I usually did to get my old ratings, but I still got the old ones from my 5.33 install, although during installation I told it to use new settings, not current ones..

Cus I was thinking about getting my main.dat etc replaced in 5.32 then I could install 5.33 on top of that and things would be "back to normal", but I've yet to make this happen

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

The old /ml/ dir is a backup from a 5.32 winamp install I had before I formatted..
kr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote