View Single Post
Old 27th January 2010, 09:04   #107
g4gx2

Modern / Bento Skins & 150% Text Size in Windows 7

Winamp 5.572 Full
Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: None (default English US)
Skin: Bug occurs with all of Bento and Modern but NOT with Classic Skin

Locale: English US
CPU: Pentium dualcore 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: Onboard (Intel GMA4500HD)
Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
DirectX 11

Problem:
In Control Panel / Display in Windows 7, there is an option to increase text size to 150% - I use this because my HDTV resolution is at 1080i and text would be too small to read from a distance otherwise. After changing the text size, Modern and Bento skins become almost unusable - it's difficult to explain, but there seems to be a disconnect between the "real" window and the resized window. For example, trying to click on an item in the Media Library results in another part of the window being clicked (though the Playlist window seems to be fine). When trying to resize windows, a smaller "shadow window" appears during resizing. Basically it seems like Modern and Bento skins are not correctly "magnified" when the text size is increased.

However, this problem does NOT occur with Classic skins, and from memory it didn't seem to occur when text size was at 125% - only with Modern and Bento Skins at 150%.

Method of Reproduction:
1. In Windows 7, go to Control Panel -> Display

2. There should be options to increase text size to 125% or 150%. Choose 150%.

3. Open Winamp and choose a Modern or Bento skin.

4. Try to click on items in various windows - media library, playlist, albums, etc. and see if everything is correctly recognized.

5. Try resizing and repositioning individual windows (playlist window, media library window, etc.) and see if they are correclty resized and repositioned.

If this is a bug, hope it can be fixed soon!