Clear All
  • ThePlague
    f(caffeine){
    return wasabi;
    }
    (Forum King)
    • Jul 2001

you dont use sliders at all?
    cos the example I showed you have animatedlayers too..
    They are not loaded as animatedlayers in maki, but that's on purpose..

I'm just wondering

-Plague
    Winique work-in-progress (download) | Stargate:Winamp - SG1 Edition | D-Reliction | wasabi.player skin (plague-edit)
    Winamp3_Default skin (plague fixes) | Opal Redemption | X-Slant | wa2skin.wac

Comment

• dougieha
      • May 2001

The difference is that you have sliders 0 through 27 defined in your elements, and I just have 1 image.

I don't have to specify frame by frame, cause the .gotoFrame statement figures that out for you.

It saves you from having to parse together your XMLText line.

You might want to see if you could adapt this technique to the converter. You'd just have to grab each frame of the sliders from the eqmain.bmp and place them side-by-side (literally, right next to each other) in one file. I don't program much, so I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but it'd be cool if you could do it.

Dougieha

edit: For example, these three lines in my eq-elements.xml take care of everything needed for the sliders.

code:

<bitmap id="player.eq.slider.anim" file="equalizer/slideranim.png"/>
      <bitmap id="player.eq.slider.button" file="equalizer/button-up.png"/>
      <bitmap id="player.eq.slider.button.pressed" file="equalizer/button-down.png"/>

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.

Comment

• ThePlague
        f(caffeine){
        return wasabi;
        }
        (Forum King)
        • Jul 2001

yeah, I know how easy that would be and stuff..
        but the problem is that the converter isn't meant to mess with the files...
        this works fine with the original files, and that's the whole purpose..

-Plague
        Winique work-in-progress (download) | Stargate:Winamp - SG1 Edition | D-Reliction | wasabi.player skin (plague-edit)

Comment

• Dynamik
          • Sep 2002

Hey guys, Kick ass thread!
          I can actually learn MAKI without my brain overheating! But for some reason I can't get my friggin drawer to work! I think I followed the instructions to the nutt, But I'm boggled!
          How do I tell it where I click to open/close the drawer?

I even tried the handleover code, and still, it doesnt recognize it!
          My drawer drops down so I think this is what my XML should look like:
          <layout id="normal" background="eq.background" >
          <group id="Drawergroup" x="35" y="100" sysregion="1" />
          </layout>

<groupdef id="DrawerGroup" background="eq.drawer.back" w="290" h="81"> <!-- 0,81 -->

<layer id="Drawer" image="eq.drawer" x="0" y="0" sysregion="1" move="0"/>
          <layer id="DrawerHandle" image="eq.drawer.face" x="0" y="0" ghost="1"/>
          <layer id="DrawerHandleOver" image="eq.drawer.face.over" x="0" y="0" ghost="1"/>

<script id="drawer" file="scripts/drawer.maki"/>
          </groupdef>
          I'ts probably sumthin easy to you guys!
          I've tried everything I can think of, Thank god there are smart people like you out there! But once I get over this stump, it wont be long before I'm dialed in to MAKI and help others like me!
          Tick Tock `N` Ya Just Don't Stop!
          Current Project: Dynamik Sony

Comment

• ThePlague
            f(caffeine){
            return wasabi;
            }
            (Forum King)
            • Jul 2001

remove ghost="1"

-Plague

Comment

• frisbeemonkey
              Major Dude
              • Jun 2002

If you are using the drawer script unmodified, you should be able to click anywhere on the drawer and it will open/close. This assumes that part of the drawer will be visible when it's closed. If you are using the code unmodified, you seem to have forgotten your drawerinfo layer to tell it where to open to. See my MAKI skin(link in my sig) for a working example of the unmodified drawer script.
              It is also possible to make the drawer open and close with a button, but that requires some minor changes to the script. Lemme know what you're trying to achieve and I'll help you out with more specifics.
              ~FrisbeeMonkey
              My Skins
              Skinning References: MAKI Scripts - GUIDs & Button Actions - Skinner's FAQ
              Skin Help: MAKI Cheats - Component Skinning - Skinning Tutorial

Comment

• Dynamik
                • Sep 2002

Dood, this is by far the best skinning thread ever!

Well, Im trying to make a drawer slide out/down from my DVD acting as a tray with the EQ sliders on it. I hav'nt started adding layers or buttons to it yet, as I am still unsuccessful in getting the background of the drawer to slide out.
                I've tried to make it as simple as possible. But not even the drawerhandles appear. My .png files are all in the correct places.
                I'm sorry to bother you with this simple script, I'm stumped.

<include file="eq-elements.xml"/>

<container id="eq" name="Equalizer" default_visible="1">

<group id="Drawergroup" x="35" y="100" />
                </layout>
                </container>
                <groupdef id="DrawerGroup" background="eq.drawer.back" w="295" h="95">

<layer id="DrawerInfo" x="0" y="95"/>
                <layer id="DrawerHandle" image="eq.drawer.face" x="0" y="0" />
                <layer id="DrawerHandleOver" image="eq.drawer.face.over" x="0" y="0" />

</groupdef>

Comment

• Gonzotek
                  Gunslinger
                  • May 2000

Originally posted by Dynamik
                  Dood, this is by far the best skinning thread ever!

Well, Im trying to make a drawer slide out/down from my DVD acting as a tray with the EQ sliders on it. I hav'nt started adding layers or buttons to it yet, as I am still unsuccessful in getting the background of the drawer to slide out.
                  I've tried to make it as simple as possible. But not even the drawerhandles appear. My .png files are all in the correct places.
                  I'm sorry to bother you with this simple script, I'm stumped.

</layout>
                  </container>

</groupdef>
                  From the snippet, it looks like you've got your groupdef after the layout the group is supposed to be inside of. Winamp loads the xml up from the top down, so it is trying to put a null group into the layout. Try it this way:
                  code:

</groupdef>
                  </layout>
                  </container>

I was away for a while.
                  But I'm feeling much better now.

Comment

• Dynamik
                    • Sep 2002

Hellz ya!
                    That did it!
                    Cant thank ya enough!
                    Now when my drawer closes, It's on top of the player. Is there a layer code missing? Do I need to establish the main image first?
                    I keep trying different stuff, Either it's gone or it's on top!

Comment

• frisbeemonkey
                      Major Dude
                      • Jun 2002

Try:
                      <layer id="Cover" image="eq.background" x="0" y="0" />
                      </layout>

You need something for the drawer to slide out from under. This will work, but depending on your edges it might affect how it looks. You might want to use width and height parameters for your layout, and just put the background down as the cover layer(and add sysregion="1")
                      ~FrisbeeMonkey
                      My Skins

Comment

• amobea
                        • Jul 2002

stopAfterSong

the stop after song script seems to be buggy
                        both the crossfade and non crossfade versions

when i use them they seem to cause winamp to use up all my system resources
                        my machine hangs like a bitch until i can manage to close winamp or get a song playing again which can be a while when my machine seems to be running at 1Mhz

Comment

• frisbeemonkey
                          Major Dude
                          • Jun 2002

Wow, amobea, that sounds pretty bad... Are you sure it is the script? Try downloading the MAKI Skin(there's a link to it in my sig) and trying the stop after song button on there(stopsign w/ a hand). Does that also cause the problem? I haven't had that problem, nor has anyone else complained about anything similar, so hopefully it is just the skin your are working on. If that is the case, then maybe post your skin here so I can try to recreate the symptoms and we can work on it from there.
                          ~FrisbeeMonkey
                          My Skins

Comment

• Dynamik
                            • Sep 2002

Yo Frisbee, Yer the shit man!
                            The extra cover layer worked great after I made everything from the drawer down transparent! This is sweet! I havnt seen to many skins with the drawer coming from inside the main body. This opens up a whole knew realm of ideas for me!

I've got a question that may or may not be possible,
                            Is there a way I can change the border layout of the AVS?
                            I'd like for it to play inside of a real looking TV.
                            I rigged it all up generically by just making the tv into a functionless component and sizing the AVS just right to look like the TV is playing it.
                            I think it looks pretty cool!
                            Thanx

Comment

• amobea
                              • Jul 2002

still have the same problem with the maki skin

Comment

• frisbeemonkey
                                Major Dude
                                • Jun 2002

Dynamik, glad it worked for ya. And yes, you can change the border of AVS and other components. I know the Video, Thinger, and EQ can all be skinned independent of the standardframe, but I am not sure the AVS can. You might have to make it so your preferences and other windows look like a TV as well. If you wait until 3.1 is released, you'll be able to do this properly, but I have no idea how soon that will be.
                                amoeba, that is really bizarre. I have a pretty low-end system by today's standards, and yet I don't have this problem at all. Has anyone else seen this problem in the MAKI skin or the script in general? If not, I really don't know what to say. I've looked over the code and there didn't seem to be any blatant infinite loops or memory leaks.
                                ~FrisbeeMonkey
                                My Skins

Comment

Working...
                                X