X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryon Stout
    • Feb 2011

unable to play radio stream from shoutcast.com

There seems to be an issue when trying to play my station from the shoutcast.com website.

I am getting an error that says

Unable to play the radio station stream.

I checked other stations, and they all work fine.

Any help? Screen shot attached.
    Attached Files
  • CMRUbroadcast
    • Dec 2017

My station is also not streaming. I wish Shoutcast would communicate better and send an email ASAP when they notice an issue. ... or do they even know streams are down right now?

Comment

• Bryon Stout
      • Feb 2011

found the issue. one of my relays were down. Not sure why shoutcast.com was using one of my relays and not my main stream.

Comment

• WowMachine
        • Jun 2016

I had the same problem when I started out, I found that I cannot listen to my own server using my public IP address from within my network.... that included the live stream from shoutcast.com's player.

I finally figured out if I want to hear the stream as it sounds to listeners, I had to do it by using a browser proxy like proxysite.com.... that fixed the problem with the shoutcast and radionomy players.
        Wow Machine Radio -- Where You Never Know What You'll Hear Next!
        code:
        Streaming Radio | Podcast Production | Processing Labs
        Listen Live

Comment

• Annabelle090
          • Nov 2018

Hey there... Have you installed the latest Flash Player plug ins on your computer? May be you need to Run the Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter to solve this issue. I hope your problem gets solved.

Comment

• Annabelle090
            • Nov 2018

Originally Posted by Bryon Stout View Post
            There seems to be an issue when trying to play my station from the shoutcast.com website.

I am getting an error that says

Unable to play the radio station stream.

I checked other stations, and they all work fine.

Any help? Screen shot attached LiteBlue.
            Just troubleshoot your windows internet explorer. Just hope that it gets solved.

Comment

• weskezm99
              • Dec 2018

Originally Posted by WowMachine View Post
              I had the same problem when I started out, I found that I cannot listen to my own server using my public IP address from within my network.... that included the live stream from shoutcast.com's player.

I finally figured out if I want to hear the stream as it sounds to listeners, I had to do it by using a browser proxy like proxysite.com.... that fixed the problem with the shoutcast and radionomy players.
              I believe I have found the same thing. I can't use the same device I am streaming to the server to listen on anymore (though I used to be able to). I am however able to use a different device, even if it is on the same network such as my home wifi.

Comment

• weskezm99
                • Dec 2018

Asio

I just figured out that depending on the ASIO driver you are using for the streaming platform, sometimes it completely takes over all audio and will cause other applications to error when they try to play audio.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X