View Single Post
Old 4th January 2016, 16:02   #28
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yathosho View Post
Also, a little bird told me you got the Texer source code in the meantime. Would love to test a new version soon. Speaking of which, I was wondering whether it's wise to use the same project- and file name for this. Ultimately, this could create some confusion. AVS-C99 (or something more creative) maybe?
It was actually Texer II. Anyway I do have a proof of concept written for Texer which draws a static sprite (a sort of RGB test pattern) where it should. I didn't commit it because I was planning to write the bitmap file loader first. I could build it with that so you can see it. Do you want me to do that?

I haven't pushed to Gitlab in a while but I don't have many new features to tout. The main one would be using sse2 intrinsics for pixel drawing functions. It worked fantastically for a preset which spent most of its time in the sub-sample pixel blending function reducing time spent per frame from ~30ms to ~16ms. I can now run that preset marginally faster than vis_avs.dll although I'm not drawing anything to the screen in that test.

As for the name. You do have a good point. I'm not creative enough to come up with a good name. I called the directory I'm working in "advistu". If I get far enough or deviate far from vis_avs then I will give it some serious thought.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote