• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cybersaga
    • Nov 2000

Originally Posted by Cody2 View Post
    Its an option to ask Mr. Frankel?
    Not unless he's working at Radionomy now.
    Gabe's Hacks - How to videos
    Gabe's Code - Programming tips

Comment

• musicf8
      Major Dude
      • Apr 2013

I doubt Microsoft will drop 32-bit apps any time soon. Apple always had a more stranglehold on it's users and ecosystem so they could easily make the switch but Windows is too relied on for businesses, which is why I can run the same programs as I could from the 90s (try doing that with their latest MacOS).

I would love JF to take back control of Winamp, but Radionomy wouldn't give it up and I think JF s more focused on his other projects.
      Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• skr1107
        Banned
        • Aug 2018

that's how i live life every day

Comment

• Ulamn
          Banned
          • Aug 2018

WOW, I'll try it later.

Comment

• BradyBunchFan
            • Jul 2017

Now I'm getting an error report message every time I open this.

Comment

• adomanim
              Banned
              • Dec 2019

It saddens me that Winamp has basically died. I wrote two plugins to solve issues that are basically still not available on other platforms such as VLC. Add to that Tomass' DSP plugins and the SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading plugins and I have yet to find a fully featured player. My primary player for streams and "one-off's" is VLC but when I want to play a large library of music, I still snaptube telegram web vidmate go to Winamp.

Comment

• myminpins
                • Feb 2007

Originally Posted by adomanim View Post
                It saddens me that Winamp has basically died. I wrote two plugins to solve issues that are basically still not available on other platforms such as VLC. Add to that Tomass' DSP plugins and the SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading plugins and I have yet to find a fully featured player. My primary player for streams and "one-off's" is VLC but when I want to play a large library of music, I still snaptube telegram web vidmate go to Winamp.

I know. I still use Winamp for all my music playing needs. I even still use an iPod for my car, which I keep up to date with my favourite playlists with Winamp. I hate all the splashy huge apps people use these days. Small and does its job, that's Winamp and it does virtually anything I ever want to do when it comes to music.
                Win 11 Pro
                Winamp Pro 5.9.0 Build 9999 (x86)

Comment

• forrest
                  • Mar 2020

I realize these threads are old, but v.5666 is not the most recent. I've been using WinAmp SA v.5.8 Build 3660 (x86) - October 19 2018 for over a year now. If anyone has a newer build please let me know. I'd very much like to have the latest if available.

Maalo,
                  Forrest

Comment

• The1_Freeman
                    • Sep 2019

The best you can do is to transition over to WACUP, which basically fixes a number of issues and adds some new features as well, don't install over your 5.8 installation, it's not supported.

Comment

• MrSinatra
                      Forum King
                      • Dec 2004

Who says the site is going down?
                      PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
                      --
                      BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
                      Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
                      Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• OmegaAOL
                        • Feb 2021

News for 2021!

1. WACUP is a continuation of Winamp 5.666, check it out @ https://getwacup.com/
                        2. Sadly there is no continuation of Winamp for Android (WY U NO FIT ON PHAB LET)

Comment

• OmegaAOL
                          • Feb 2021

Originally Posted by forrest View Post
                          I realize these threads are old, but v.5666 is not the most recent. I've been using WinAmp SA v.5.8 Build 3660 (x86) - October 19 2018 for over a year now. If anyone has a newer build please let me know. I'd very much like to have the latest if available.

Maalo,
                          Forrest
                          They did [B]NOT[B] say that Winamp 5.666 would be the last release.
                          They said that Winamp 5.666 would be the last AOL/Nullsoft release.

Comment

• rtx4090
                            • Aug 2008

Originally Posted by forrest View Post

Maalo,
                            Forrest
                            It's not the newest. But it's one of the best lite releases ever. Has a very small foot print of just 3.32mb only.

Comment

• rtx4090
                              • Aug 2008

Originally Posted by Bytemann View Post
                              Will there ever be a new release of Winamp before the end of the world?
                              Dont think so. Music has moved predominantly to mobile phones. Very few use desktops to listen to music. But if you do, wa is still awesome. Esp. with m3u playlists.

Comment

• Smoove66
                                • Feb 2023

hello, I cantt load and open full build on 5.666 on #3516

Comment

Working...
                                X