Thread: 20 years old
View Single Post
Old 4th December 2013, 02:07   #13
Aminifu
Forum King

You misunderstand, I'm talking about the reality that the new toys are so much better than the ancient that there is no comparison. But I maintain that the old ones were fun in their day.

There's nothing wrong with looking back, just don't go back to what was bad or not working. Embracing one's past lets the present be understood and the future be charted. I believe we all have a role in what happens to us. A major or minor one, but there are always choices. When we later resent or regret a choice made, we need to accept it and try to understand why it was made, after-all it can't be changed so why distress over it. There's always the possibility that the next choice may turn out better, but there are no guarantees in life.

There's life until there isn't and it is what you make it. Make new friends and try to keep the old. Be willing to accept others for who they are and not what you want them to be. If things get to be more than you want to deal with, just walk away. The only person you can control is yourself. No one (especially family) can truly upset me for long, unless I let them.

Anyway, that's how I'm trying to live my life, be it right or wrong. Now I'm usually content and have learned how to let anger and disappointments fade. Each new day is a new day and I now try to start them with a smile (most of the time I do).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system