Thread: 3G support
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2010, 20:35   #7
Stupifier
Major Dude

I understand all the above involved in this 3G topic perfectly well.....and I agree with virtually everything subliminalurge has said (well put btw, from a technical standpoint).

Now an extremely important point that you guys have not even considered:
This discussions does not even need to be on the technical side (I can go there certainly...as an Optical Engineer on the matter, I understand all the in's and out's of Wireless technology). This is a marketing argument though (and IMHO, a much more important discussion to be having on the issue):

1. Have you (kustodian) looked at the Android Market at all???? Are you (kustodian) even remotely familiar with what is currently out there? I can easily throw like 50 apps (not exaggerating) at you that connect computers to phones over 3G networks for anything from file transfers, to simple send commands and information retrieval. To say the Android community is too dumb or 3G networks are too slow is plain wrong. These Phone-2-PC connecting apps are THRIVING!

Point being.....if Android Winamp is going to be any bit competitive.....in this day and age....SUPPORT IP CONNECTIVITY! This isn't something Winamp Developers should be shorting on.

2. Compared to the other Feature request undertakings.....this feature request is NOT that hard to implement. This would not require that much work at all. It really isn't.

You guys agree with me here or what?
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote