X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mi Amigo
    • Mar 2011

Is anyone from Nullsoft / AOL actually monitoring this thread and all the excellent feedback that people are leaving, or the Feature Request Survey originally mentioned (http://bit.ly/winampfeatures) for that matter? I ask because I haven't seen any comments by tejasmi5 or any other Nullsoft people since the first page.

If anyone is still listening, I'd be interested to know the status on this:

Originally Posted by marvin_rock View Post
    Forgot to add on my survey

3 - the ability to choose where media is synced to on the root of the SD card - currently puts it in root:\<artist> - which makes an ecclectic collection blow up my SD card!
    ... which was posted back in October, as was tejasmi5's reply:

Originally Posted by tejasmi5 View Post
    @marvin_rock: thanks, we captured the last request and are already looking at ways to solve this for all users.
    There is a newer thread on a related subject, which again has not seen any feedback (yet) from Nullsoft:

To me, this is a show-stopper, as is the lack of proper podcast support.

Comment

• DeathMetal
      • May 2010

How about FLAC support?

Comment

• jwgraves
        • Apr 2011

Would like the genre view to start with the artists and then the albums....currently when you select genre it then displays all the songs within that genre. Kind of meaningless when you have a few hundred songs and all I want to do is drill down the artist and then album.

Comment

• PaulRwebster
          • Nov 2010

I would like an option not to show album art when browsing albums. I have abount 25 gig of mp3s on my card and find scrolling through albums very slow and klunky, presumably because the control is bringing back the album art. Browsing by artist, which doesn't show album art, is very smooth.

Comment

• WhammyDroid
            • Oct 2010

Done.

Comment

• futurebacsi
              • Apr 2011

I listen to podcasts. I'd need:

1. The ability to load a single file or a folder.

2. A more suitable slide bar for longer audio files. It is really hard to jump to a specific time in a 2 hour podcast.

Comment

• beatsandmelody
                • Jan 2010

Originally Posted by marvin_rock View Post
                Forgot to add on my survey

3 - the ability to choose where media is synced to on the root of the SD card - currently puts it in root:\<artist> - which makes an ecclectic collection blow up my SD card!
                I'd like to expand on the importance of this request. It not only keeps the music on the SD card neatly organized, but it will also stop Winamp from deleting the custom ringtones and notification tones I created with the RingDroid App (a fantastic app btw).

There are two directories stored in /sdcard/media/audio:
                /notifications
                /ringtones

These actually mirror the directories in the root directory's /system/ folder (pardon me if my lingo is incorrect re: root) where all the factory ringtones are stored.

So when syncing, it erases anything not in my library, or it adds my ringtones to my PC

Comment

• carychow
                  • Apr 2011

I would like a lyrics display.

Comment

• MOraleSs
                    • Nov 2010

Originally Posted by gavin2812 View Post
                    Nice to see Winamp on Android

1) Play AAC+!
                    2) Equaliser!
                    3) Being able to enter manual/custom URL's

Thanks!
                    Those are not just "nice to see", but MUST HAVE options. We are in 2011. Most of the online radiostations are streaming in AAC+. The bigges lack in Winamp for android is the missing support for AAC+ files and not being able to enter custom URL's (since there are also lots of online stations that are not public).
                    I use my phone most of the time to listen to online radio. Since those options are missing, I'm sticking to XiiaLive and the custom Android player for now.
                    I hope to see these options soon in Winamp, to make it a complete piece of software.

Cheers.

Comment

• vidulan
                      • May 2011

Enqueue

Hey guys, very happy with the work you've done on the app. however I don't find the enqueue feature very useful at all. It just sends the song to the bottom of the playlist. It'd be nice if it worked similar to the enqueue feature on the desktop winamp where when you enqueue a song, it'll jump to that song in the playlist after the current song and continue from there.

Comment

• acornatom
                        • May 2011

Hi, Great so far. My top items -

1 - FLAC
                        2 - Replay Gain playback

Thanks

Comment

• ASnet0007
                          • Oct 2010

rating support

I have been holding out for ratings to be available on the phone. I listen to most of my music on my phone so the ability to star rate on the phone and sync this back to the master winamp database at home would be fantastic.

Comment

• ASnet0007
                            • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by ASnet0007 View Post
                            I have been holding out for ratings to be available on the phone. I listen to most of my music on my phone so the ability to star rate on the phone and sync this back to the master winamp database at home would be fantastic.
                            Just found this can sync ratings / play counts to winamp http://www.aplayerpro.com/ but needs their android player.

I'll keep checking back for this feature to arrive natively on winamp phone player app.

Comment

• deemacgee
                              • May 2011

My votes:

- Better album art support. None of my FLACs display the embedded album art.
                              - ReplayGain. Seriously, I'm sick of going deaf when my playlist is set to random. Jumping from Enya to Nine Inch Nails is bloody painful.
                              - iTunes-style media sync. This idea of generating playlists just to sync them is tedious; give me a list of all my media files and a checkbox next to each one. So much easier.

Wishful thinking:
                              Better integration with fitness tracker apps (Endomondo in particular).

HTC Desire 8183
                              CyanogenMod 7.0 Stable

Comment

• Night5talker
                                • May 2011

folder player

hello i just wanna say i love winamp but it would be really great to add option "play fodler" or something like that it really miss and a lot of people wanna use that option and it really missing to complete everything in cover to play from - i think it shouldn't be a problem to add that
                                thanks and hope we will see that option soon

Comment

Working...
                                X