View Single Post
Old 13th August 2017, 16:02   #115
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
..how do you insert text into a tag? I do remember there was a program called EvilTagger many years ago, which I never tried and which you cannot download nowadays anymore.

But even if you manage to save text within a *.mp3 file, I really doubt there is a simple command which would read and display the tag content.
Or is it?

I might have jumped on the gun on this.. I did some research and apparently, the lyric tag is not that common / standard, I have and old version of Tag & Rename which already supports it, but even if it is encoded on the file (like I have on a couple of mp3's) Winamp can't access it. I thought it would be accesible through the SC:TextObjects (http://forums.skinconsortium.com/ind...d&threadID=538) script, but it isn't.

So, end of the line here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
...But the fact that I was not able to save the text and have it available while being offline made me uninstall this feature. I wanted to get rid of that "being-online" dependence.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for the player to look online everytime a song is played, it should at least save it locally and only perform an online search when needed.
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote