SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in v2.2.3 for Winamp (07/19/2011)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ones
    • May 2011

Okey we will be waiting for this!

Comment

• DrO
      • Sep 2003

Updated to v2.2.2 which can now be downloaded via the direct link or from the main site.

This new releases is in conjunction with the Winamp 5.62 release due to changes in the AAC encoder library used with this newer Winamp release. It also fixes a few other issues and tweaks the genre handling to ensure valid genres are used (when applicable).

-daz
      WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• MrSinatra
        Forum King
        • Dec 2004

cool, will install later tonight.
        PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
        --
        BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
        Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
        Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• MrSinatra
          Forum King
          • Dec 2004

sweet. the FM is on the new stuff.

i don't know if its b/c of what i did or not, but i can now use lite to do AAC streams, which is awesome. i DL'd the full installer, set it to lite, and then made some changes so it went to custom. i made sure it had the mp3 and aac encoder, but maybe that wasn't necessary?

anyway, its cool to be able to do AAC on lite, which i couldn't before!
          --

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

by default lite doesn't have the aac encoder, running the full installer and making a custom install is the only real way to do it for a lite / custom setup (as you've found).

-daz

Comment

• DrO
              • Sep 2003

Updated to v2.2.3 which can now be downloaded via the direct link (main site will follow).

This new release fixes a few bugs which have been reported since the prior release and hopefully will resolve some of the last few issues which are present (excluding what is known).

Now to see if we can have an update for all of the tools in the same week (just missing a Transcoder update...).

-daz

Comment

• MrSinatra
                Forum King
                • Dec 2004

using 2.2.3 on the FM, working great!

feature request:

[mainly] when using the soundcard input, one would like to see what the peak levels were over the last 5 minutes or so at least.

the reason is that in most cases a soundcard will be fed analog, and the gain is knob adjusted [in my case, using a pro quality distribution amp] prior to entering the soundcard, (although this can be done digitally as well, its just a digital attenuation in that case).

regardless of how its done, the point is that for soundcard input, you want to set your equipment to get as close to 0 as possible, without actually reaching it, and peak level history would be useful in getting settings straight. (it actually could be useful with local mp3 files as well, when setting the replay gain pre-amp, so this feature applies there as well)

could a peak level history tab be created showing the highest peak level achieved over a given length of time? say the last 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, hour, day, week, month?

thx!
                --

Comment

• thinktink
                  Forum King
                  • May 2009

Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
                  ...could a peak level history tab be created showing the highest peak level achieved over a given length of time? say the last 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, hour, day, week, month?
                  That would probably be best done with an external app if one exists. That's alot of data to try to store and maintain for an extended period of time.
                  | Opus Audio Codec plugins 2.0 | Embedded Album Art | DiskWrite |
                  | Save your playlist first! | Live voice-over | X-Fade 2.5 |
                  | AterKast (Source DSP) | More of my stuff... |

Comment

• MrSinatra
                    Forum King
                    • Dec 2004

i thought computers were good at this kind of logging?

there must be some kind of way to do something like this, thats still useful?

something thats different, but has its use, would be "peak fall offs." some spectrum analyzers do this, (i think even winamp can do it), where only a peak is held for a split second, then falls off, rather than just pure, and hard to follow, real time display. since the dsp has a couple of tabs where the input level is shown, maybe one of them could use the peak fall off method? that would at least help in eyeballing the levels when adjusting the knobs at that moment, although it would not give a history beyond the moment.

EDIT: how about a new tab that did peak fall offs, and all it did was record the highest peak since the DSP was connected to the DNAS, so in that way it didn't have to take time intervals into account? not as good, but plenty useful nonetheless.
                    --

Comment

• DrO
                      • Sep 2003

i'm really not sure having full peak monitoring (i.e. another tab) in the DSP is really suitable for what the DSP is intended for. as adding in more complex logging over a variable timescale is more of a pro-tool feature i'd have thought.

Winamp does have such a feature and that just keeps a track over a few seconds at most. it also has the advantage of drawing the vu itself instead of re-using a Windows progress bar control for the vu (as the DSP does) which doesn't really allow for such a ui state (not without going the custom drawing route). i'm not sure from development time if implementing a custom control for that would be worth it.

the only obvious option (if this was to be done) would be to show it with the current level either to the side or below like in the attached screenshot (ignoring my lame copy+paste work), just then leaves what timescale to cover it for (just peak since starting is the simplest, though it's not too hard to have it track the levels over a single time period).

-daz
                      Attached Files

Comment

• MrSinatra
                        Forum King
                        • Dec 2004

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
                        i'm really not sure having full peak monitoring (i.e. another tab) in the DSP is really suitable for what the DSP is intended for. as adding in more complex logging over a variable timescale is more of a pro-tool feature i'd have thought.
                        what about my last idea in my "edit" though, where you wouldn't need any logging, just peak fall offs and a continuous comparison in realtime where a single peak value is noted?

Winamp does have such a feature and that just keeps a track over a few seconds at most. it also has the advantage of drawing the vu itself instead of re-using a Windows progress bar control for the vu (as the DSP does) which doesn't really allow for such a ui state (not without going the custom drawing route). i'm not sure from development time if implementing a custom control for that would be worth it.
                        i'd be fine with doing this in winamp instead of the dsp, but would winamp show what i'm feeding the soundcard?

also, how do i see what you are saying winamp already has? how do i display it? i'm not familiar with what you are talking about.

the only obvious option (if this was to be done) would be to show it with the current level either to the side or below like in the attached screenshot (ignoring my lame copy+paste work), just then leaves what timescale to cover it for (just peak since starting is the simplest, though it's not too hard to have it track the levels over a single time period).

-daz
                        i like the screen shot, but i think maybe the "Summary" tab is less crowded if you want to use an existing tab. on the summary tab there is plenty of space to display the peak values and give some bit of explanation.

if you can do both, that would be great, meaning on the summary tab you'd have both 1. the single highest peak level since it was connected, and 2. whatever the longest time interval is you'd be comfortable monitoring (for peak in that interval).

maybe that should be a short time though, since #1 could be a long time in theory.
                        --

Comment

• DrO
                          • Sep 2003

what about my last idea in my "edit" though, where you wouldn't need any logging, just peak fall offs and a continuous comparison in realtime where a single peak value is noted?
                          it still requires doing some sort of logging no matter what would be done with peak tracking (it's just not logging in the sense of logging to a real file).

i'd be fine with doing this in winamp instead of the dsp, but would winamp show what i'm feeding the soundcard?

also, how do i see what you are saying winamp already has? how do i display it? i'm not familiar with what you are talking about.
                          i had a feeling i hadn't clarified that point correctly. what i was referring to was the ui drawing rather than an actual action.

i like the screen shot, but i think maybe the "Summary" tab is less crowded if you want to use an existing tab. on the summary tab there is plenty of space to display the peak values and give some bit of explanation.
                          there's enough room on both views as the soundcard controls can be dropped about 20px.

if you can do both, that would be great, meaning on the summary tab you'd have both 1. the single highest peak level since it was connected, and 2. whatever the longest time interval is you'd be comfortable monitoring (for peak in that interval).

maybe that should be a short time though, since #1 could be a long time in theory.
                          a few minutes most would be what i'd have thought. if it was to be done then i'd probably add in an ini-only option for overriding that duration, though at most i'm just considering doing peak over the duration, but really i'd rather focus on the title handling changes from the middle of the prior page than looking into this for the time being.

-daz

Comment

• MrSinatra
                            Forum King
                            • Dec 2004

i understand DrO, but i thought i'd log this request too. i'm gratified that you see "worthiness" in both requests, and i can be patient waiting to see how you implement either. i'm just glad you're willing to do so at all. i can assure you that folks at real radio stations will definitely consider these things worthy and useful additions that make their product better, and i would argue make the DSP superior over competing options.
                            --

Comment

• mirzahome
                              • Aug 2011

Hi,

I already searched a lot and didn't find solution of it. It seems v.2.2.3 fix this issue but I am still facing this error.

2011-08-08 04:29:51 Cipher Response received
                              2011-08-08 04:29:51 Cipher Response received. Try enabling 'SHOUTcast v1 mode'.
                              2011-08-08 04:30:21 Not Connected

I am putting every detail correctly. Direct coping from the page and pasting in it.

Using
                              free shoutcast hosting service, open your own online radio for free

If I enable SHOUTcast v1 mode then Username got disable and only option to enter password. Try to connect but getting Authentication Error: Invalid Username or Password.

Please help. Thanks

Comment

• DrO
                                • Sep 2003

mirzahome: as listen2myradio only provide v1 DNAS, the DSP needs to be in v1 mode. as you're getting an 'Invalid Username or Password' error when doing that, you'd need to contact them to make sure that you have the correct password to use (isn't something that we can help with as it's a 3rd party hosting service).

-daz

Comment

Working...
                                X