View Single Post
Old 21st July 2014, 16:01   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
And is only happening with Radiance???
I've only tested Styler and Styler Radiance (it happens with both), since I don't have the hardware to test the touchscreen version. I prefer the extra eye candy provided by Radiance. I've not tried it with the alpha option enabled (I'll wait until you say that is safe). It would be nice if the alpha option could be activated for individual skins, instead of it being a global option. But that is something for the Winamp devs to do.

I guess something goes wrong occasionally during the extraction from the wal files to the subfolders created in my user temp folder. I've copied the folders and their files created for Styler Radiance to the Winamp/Skins folder (renamed the lead folder and deleted the wal file) so that expanding the wal archive won't be necessary. So far, that appears to have fixed the problem for Radiance. If it comes back, I'll let you know.

I have done this for a few of my other skin wal files with the goal of saving the few milliseconds (or less) which would otherwise be needed to create and delete their temp files. This is not really needed, but I figured it couldn't hurt and now it seems to have another benefit.

This could be something isolated to my system and my combination of 3rd party stuff. Unless it is reported by others, I won't worry about it.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote