• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musicf8
    Major Dude
    • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by chros View Post
    Are you sure about it? If so, may I suggest to try to write a wasapi output plugin for it? That's the only thing I miss (but this is a deal breaker for me, see below why). There was recently an unsuccessful attempt for it in the form of yasapi output plugin, unfortunately.
    I don't think it raises any legal issue, but I don't really know.
    There're opensource wasapi implementaion for DirectShow on github, that work well, it "only" needs to be ported to Winamp. (Unfortunately I'm not a Win coder, so I can't help You with it.)
    I'm not a developer, so I cannot help with that. Regarding my comment, i meant paying developers, I am sure if radionomy was willing to hire developers then we'd be fine, but all I have heard of is them firing developers. You could independently contract a developer to write the plug-in you need, or maybe reach out to DrO, I believe he has a version of that plugin.
    Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• chros
      • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
      i meant paying developers, I am sure if radionomy was willing to hire developers then we'd be fine ...
      maybe reach out to DrO, I believe he has a version of that plugin.
      Oh, I see, no worries.
      Yes, I remember he modded that plugin and it created a huge mass back then with the original author I hope he reads this topic now and then and maybe he'll pick up or create a new one from scratch.
      Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
      MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)

Comment

• chros
        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by chros View Post
        I use the latest aimp release for a week now, and I only found couple of lack-of-features with the Alarm plugin (ClockAmp for Winamp is more advanced) that I'll report to its devs.
        OK, just did here, let's see what happens.
        Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
        MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)

Comment

• lytong
          • Jan 2018

to recollection, he was a geek

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
            Forum King
            • Sep 2003

Violins, Mandolins, Next you'll be telling us you're on the Fiddle

[Mod edit (Victhor): this replied to a spam post I deleted]

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• musicf8
              Major Dude
              • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
              [Mod edit (Victhor): this replied to a spam post I deleted]
              aw man, how am i gonna know about the best violin brands now
              Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• Victhor
                Late skinner & Moderator
                • May 2003

aw man, how am i gonna know about the best violin brands now
                Heh.. You've better concentrate on report the spam instead of mocking about it, spam bots also have feelings XD :P
                · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• musicf8
                  Major Dude
                  • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
                  Heh.. You've better concentrate on report the spam
                  it was gone before I even got to the thread. Spam control on this thread is too swift

Get wacup

Comment

• shardanursing
                    • Jan 2018

good

good

Comment

• dynamicradio
                      • Oct 2011

It's been over 4 years and there's even still references to aol in this website's code.... tells you how eager radionomy is to produce and get out a new winamp or support the community.

Anyway, check out my signature, that's where I keep status of the most latest update
                      Interestingly I noticed via Winamps Facebook page there's a new logo, slogan etc. Wonder if this is a sign.

Comment

• lostinsound
                        • Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Raj_09 View Post
                        Merry xmas to everyone. I do hope to see a new Winamp next year. I keep my hopes high. In the meantime, I have been unfaithful - currently using MusicBee (my current) and AIMP
                        I used Winamp for years but discovered MusicBee a few months ago. Honestly, with the level of customization you can do in MusicBee with the library and things like custom tagging, it would take a lot to pull me away from it back to Winamp.

Comment

• musicf8
                          Major Dude
                          • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by lostinsound View Post
                          I used Winamp for years but discovered MusicBee a few months ago. Honestly, with the level of customization you can do in MusicBee with the library and things like custom tagging, it would take a lot to pull me away from it back to Winamp.
                          I use both, mainly musicbee just to manage syncing to other devices... but your story makes me think...

... cool story bro

Get wacup

Comment

• Raj_09
                            • Oct 2011

I use both, mainly musicbee just to manage syncing to other devices... but your story makes me think...

... cool story bro
                            venturing into the other side. Hahaa. I have found musicbee to be very powerful - playlist wise and tagging as well as Dsp options. The visualization options are still limited though and they also stutter - Winamp beats it fair and square.

Well, musicbee is my sidechick while Winamp is having her headache
                            Powering through with the bolt

Comment

• MikaelaArsenault
                              • Jan 2014

Any word on this? When is the new build coming out?

Comment

• musicf8
                                Major Dude
                                • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault View Post
                                Any word on this? When is the new build coming out?
                                nope, sometime between the end of this year and never

Get wacup

Comment

Working...
                                X