X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OceanSide08
    • Mar 2008

Realtek HD Audio - Microphone Output MISSING

Ok I just installed the newest Realtek HD Audio drivers for windows xp and when I go into the mixer Microphone Output is MISSING! I need this in order to broadcast both my voice and music when DJ'ing on Shoutcast radio...

Does anyone know how to get Microphone output/playback to show in the mixer? Here are some screen shots of what I'm talking about. Please! I'm counting on you tech dudes!

And yeah I "can" mess with the microphones recording volume but you see... I need the microphone playback there so that I can broadcast both my voice and music when recording with "What You Hear".

• fc*uk
    • Dec 2005

Thats because it is for playback/output. See below....

Trancectro/electro-house/electro | Are You Hard?

Comment

• OceanSide08
      • Mar 2008

nobody has a clue on how to fix this?

Comment

• fc*uk
        • Dec 2005

you need to select the hd audio input as opposed to the output as the picture I posted shows.

Comment

• OceanSide08
          • Mar 2008

Ok then if I can only set the microphone volume in INPUT then how would I beable to broadcast both my music and voice???

From my knowledge you have to be able to have microphone output capabilities. Microphone input sounds like all its good for is "recording".

I don't want to record I want to stream both my music AND voice LIVE when broadcasting.

So any ideas?

Comment

• Tom
            • Apr 2000

You need to select Stereo Mix in your Record panel. See attached image.
            Attached Files

Comment

• OceanSide08
              • Mar 2008

Ok I did that. Now how do I get both my voice and music to stream over the broadcast? ATM doing everything you've said I'm only getting the music to stream and not the voice...

Comment

• nick@ss
                • Nov 2004

is this vista?

the other way to do this is with an external mixer or get a better soundcard.

i see you have posted in many places regarding this,

on board cards are generally bottom of the crap heap.

Tom has posted the best way to do this therefore if it is not working i suggest you invest in a new card as yours clearly doesnt do what you want if it is configured correctly.

asking in multiple forums wont get it it going
                www.streamsolutions.co.uk
                SHOUTcast | Flash Media | Windows Media | Icecast 2 | Content Delivery |

Comment

• OceanSide08
                  • Mar 2008

Yep I've come to the conclusion that this card just must not be able to support Microphone output through speakers. It can record just fine but there is absolutely no way I can mix both voice and music through my speakers at the same time.

I may just in up investing in this Audigy laptop sound card.

Comment

• fc*uk
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OceanSide08
                    Ok then if I can only set the microphone volume in INPUT then how would I beable to broadcast both my music and voice???

From my knowledge you have to be able to have microphone output capabilities. Microphone input sounds like all its good for is "recording".

I don't want to record I want to stream both my music AND voice LIVE when broadcasting.

So any ideas?
                    If I understand this correctly, then that would mean that I could never use Skype on that card because I need to listen and have sound in at the same time. Skype is, infact, the only reason why I even bothered to install the drivers for the onboard sound card ... its a full duplex chip not half so it can send data both ways at the same time.

Comment

• OceanSide08
                      • Mar 2008

Then can you please tell me what settings you have put in to be able to stream both your voice AND music at the same time? thanks.

Comment

• b3nc3
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by OceanSide08
                        Then can you please tell me what settings you have put in to be able to stream both your voice AND music at the same time? thanks.
                        As I wrote in another forum, I've got the same problem as you, so I'm curius what's the solution... By the way, I've got an Acer Aspire 5315 notebook with Realtek HD audio soundcard.

Comment

• gigiQQ
                          • Apr 2008

I had the same problem with my built-in sound card. It seems that this happens to me with the high def drivers, while with an older soundcard i had it did the job without setting anything at all(with AC '97 drivers)
                          I suggest you read the steps given in the drivers manual - I post below, hope it works.
                          How to Set Up Multi-Streaming Playback
                          Example: MSN or Skype talk with friends while CD is still in play in PC.
                          Before set up, please make sure the playback devices are well plugged in the jacks.
                          i. Enable playback multi-streaming (Mixer > Tool > Check “Enable playback
                          multi-streaming”)
                          ii. Check the item “Update Playback Device Automatically” (Mixer > Tool >í³† Check
                          “Update Playback Device Automatically”)
                          iii. At Mixer page, choose " Realtek HD Audio Rear Output"
                          iv. Launch Media player to play CD. At this moment, CD will be played back from
                          back-panel.
                          v. Go back to "Mixer" page, to choose "Realtek HD Audio Front Output".
                          vi. Turn on Skype or MSN audio to do "audio" chat with friends. At this moment, you
                          will be able to hear your friends' talk from front panel output (say, via headphone),
                          while music (back-panel) is still in play.
                          vii. At the end, you should hear 2 different sound playback simultaneously without
                          interference.
                          How to Do Recording
                          I. Audio input source selection
                          At recording section of the Mixer tab, select the following audio source from the drop down
                          list,
                          * Mic in / Line in
                          * Realtek HD Audio Digital In (i.e. S/PDIF in)
                          In the case that Mic in / Line in is being selected, you have following audio channels to be
                          recorded.

Comment

• rickiiiiiii
                            • Apr 2008

REALTEK- NO INPUT FOR MICROPHONE!!

HIII.... can someone please help me... because i am going outtt my mind!!!!!!

okaii, heres the thing... i have a built in microphone on my lap top...but i dun wanna use it cuz i wanna use my external mic to record some vocals.. but thing is, when i plug my external mic into the socket.. it says it connected but it still records threw the built in lap top microphone... and i dont want that?.. there is no option to switch between tha tooo? how do i fix this ? i just wanna record with an external mic to get good quality vocals? but it isnt working

how come there isnt any input to use an external mic?
                            or am i just really dumb and its simple...? pleaseeeeee some one help meeeee.

Comment

• networknova
                              • Mar 2005

have you tried the "record" settings? or maybe the "microphone" tab? I have attached 2 image files to illustrate
                              Attached Files
                              Shoutcast Stats Page Example
                              Find Your External IP

Comment

Working...
                              X