View Single Post
Old 12th June 2012, 20:01   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by muel2002 View Post
No, I didn't solve the problem by adding id3v2 tags, but discovered you could alleviate the problem by adding extra info / the full info that the id3v2 'track #' fields allow. So you would have to add '01/10' in an id3v2 'track #' field as in 1st track of 10, if a id3 tag just had '01' as the track number or '1' if it was id3v1, Winamp won't allow you to filter files according to how many other files they share an album name with.

However, not all my tags have this track data and I can't be bothered to put it into all my tags.
my guess is someone over at the mp3tag forums would know the formula for calculating total tracks and transforming existing numbered tracks into that, ie 7 becomes 07/13.

the trick is partial albums.

so if u had 3 tracks from a 20 track album, labelled as tracks 4, 9, and 12, you'd want the last highest number to be total tracks, (since the formula can't know its 20)

of course, some autotaggers will do it as ##/## so u could fix a lot of them that way, and mp3tag should be able to do that as well.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote