View Single Post
Old 13th January 2010, 22:33   #242
Medox

Back with good news. After you posted Red5 .9rc2 with patches I thought to try it out, just to see how it works as a shoutcast server replacement. It worked almost perfect, no stops at all in flowplayer, nor jwplayer.

The only problem was they had no sound... just went on for 10, 20, 30 minutes but nothing. Tried every volume option there was but still no sound.

After some headaches I tried my red5 (out of the box) installation with your plugin but this time as a server and this one has no sound problems. Works perfect with both players and with no interruptions at all. JWPlayer takes longes to connect to the stream but that's not really a problem.

The downside is that I can't stream to winamp or other players too (using listen.pls and so on). Your plugin (used as a shoutcast server replacement) is just for rtmp streaming, correct me if I'm wrong.

But I've found a workaround for those who want to stream to rtmp and to winamps (or whatever) at the same time ("the old fashion way") by using a second output and encoder in the dsp plugin:

Using shoutcast server on it's normal port ard red5's shoutcast server on some other port.

It uses more cpu power (it doubles for winamp => 10% in my case) but it works.
Medox is offline   Reply With Quote