Major Dude
      • Oct 2006

its working fine for me.

viewed the icecast.php file in 'raw' mode on github

copied and pasted it to a new file called icecast.php
      edited the config to match your station

code:

$SERVER = 'http://50.7.70.58:8669'; // url to icecast server and port
      $STATS_FILE = '/status.xsl?mount=/autodj'; // path to status.xsl and mountpoint

saved the file

looks like its working just fine.

Comment

• minstrelsghost
        • Mar 2015

nope, just did the same...and get nothing...5 minute page load spin and then the -

must be my server...

Comment

• dopelabs
          Major Dude
          • Oct 2006

where is your script hosted? sometimes hosting providers block outbound access to non standard web ports if your on a shared host. i just confirmed the script to be working, its getting the data properly from your shoutcast server. you should contact your hosting support or check their faq/policies

Comment

• minstrelsghost
            • Mar 2015

BLUE HOST it is shared but I am a reseller...

Comment

• dopelabs
              Major Dude
              • Oct 2006

Comment

• minstrelsghost
                • Mar 2015

Yep, I found that too Thanks for your help, sorry to have wasted your time.

Comment

• wdepradio
                  • Apr 2015

Wordpress Help

Hello I am trying to set the Twittercast for Shoutcast up on my Wordpress.org website http://www.wdepradio and am having problems getting the code to work can anyone of you help me out with this?

Comment

• dopelabs
                    Major Dude
                    • Oct 2006

please provide any web server error logs, php error logs. also please confirm with your webhost that outbound access to the port of your radio server is enabled/allowed.

Comment

• wdepradio
                      • Apr 2015

Can you clarify what you mean by webhost? I haven't got any errors. I did post the code is my css style page and nothing happened. Am I supposed to put it in the stylesheet or somewhere else on the website. My Shoutcast hosting company directed me here to get the Twittercast plugin for my stream. I'm not that good at writing code so a lot of what you guys are talking about is foreign to me.

Comment

• dopelabs
                        Major Dude
                        • Oct 2006

complete instructions are included in this thread and on the github page.

Comment

• wdepradio
                          • Apr 2015

Okay, I know nothing about writing code, so can someone please explain what is meant by this: Upload all files to your webserver in a web accessible directory?

Can someone please break this process down for someone that has no understanding of reading or writing source code, because telling me to download the files and follow the instructions is not working for me because I don't understand what they mean.

Comment

• dopelabs
                            Major Dude
                            • Oct 2006

this script requires one to have basic knowledge of web hosting and website design. also the ability to set up a developer account for api access on twitter.

if you do not know these basic things i also provide twittercast as a service. private msg for more details

Comment

• wdepradio
                              • Apr 2015

I have set up the developer api. I would like to think I have a basic knowledge, but I think you are referring to more than just having a website that is run off of the wordpress.org platform and installing wordpress plugins.

Comment

• dopelabs
                                Major Dude
                                • Oct 2006

you would need to use an FTP client or SCP client to access your web server. this allows you to upload and download files. your web host provider (the company you pay money to have a website) should have provided you with a username and password when you created the account.

edit shoutcast_v1.php or shoutcast_v2.php or icecast.php and fill in the api information respectively.

upload the all the files to your website. i suggest in its own directory so you can go to website.com/directory or you can put in the same directory as the index so you would go to website.com/shoutcast_v1.php

make sure the file permissions are executable (or 755)

visit the script in the browser.

Comment

Working...
                                X