Separator in Playlist (v2.6.4 - 05/10/2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siebe83
    Forum King
    • Feb 2004

Hehe, ironically, there IS noise this time

This one is really weird: as soon as I hit the previous button (or B), there is a weird sound coming out of my pc (I haven't determined where it comes from exactly, but somewhere in the box (or what's it called? case?)). It isn't coming from my speakers, I turned them off to test.
    It happens even with an empty playlist (i.e. there doesn't need to be a separator in the playlist and it doesn't need to 'pass' a separator to cause the sound).
    When I disabled the plugin (by adding .off to the filename) the problem was gone. After enabling, the problem was there again.

Besides that, everything is fine, but it really sounds as if it's hurting my computer

Oh, I won't edit this time: I'm going to sleep...
    If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Comment

• VOODOOpower
      Major Dude
      • Sep 2001

Originally posted by siebe83
      Hehe, ironically, there IS noise this time

This one is really weird: as soon as I hit the previous button (or B), there is a weird sound coming out of my pc (I haven't determined where it comes from exactly, but somewhere in the box (or what's it called? case?)). It isn't coming from my speakers, I turned them off to test.
      It happens even with an empty playlist (i.e. there doesn't need to be a separator in the playlist and it doesn't need to 'pass' a separator to cause the sound).
      When I disabled the plugin (by adding .off to the filename) the problem was gone. After enabling, the problem was there again.

Besides that, everything is fine, but it really sounds as if it's hurting my computer

Oh, I won't edit this time: I'm going to sleep...
      schmarn!
      I can't find this issue on my machine.

but I have a good suggestion for this plugin.
      is it possible to count the numbers new after a seperator?
      example:

1. ablum a title 1
      2. ablum a title 2
      3. ablum a title 3
      -----------------------------
      1. ablum b title 1
      2. ablum b title 2

^_^ or an option to autodetect music files in different folder locations and autoadd a seperater at the beginning of every new folder.
      for example:

1. C:\My Music\artist\album ONE\title 1
      2. C:\My Music\artist\album ONE\title 2
      3. C:\My Music\artist\album ONE\title 3
      ------------------------------
      1. C:\My Music\artist\album TWO\title 1
      2. C:\My Music\artist\album TWO\title 2

that would be creamy
      o_0

Comment

• WhiteRayven
        Major Dude
        • Aug 2003

OMG DrO, you are a god
        Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!

Comment

• saivert
          Banned
          • Jan 2001

I have Winamp 5.05, and when a song that is located just before a separator:// item in th eplaylist finsihes playing, the playlist is cleared and new items are added to it. I think this is Winamp's attempt to reset the playlist after a URL has been played which was unavailable (not found since in_text.dll return -1). You might try to tell Winamp that the file was found, but that it is zero length. Maybe include such modification in v1.2.

Comment

• siebe83
            Forum King
            • Feb 2004

Ok, I tested it again, with a clean install. Still happening.
            It's definitely coming out of the case. Not from the front though, so I doubt it's the system speaker (anyone a clue what it COULD be?).
            Just for the record:
            System specs:
            Windows XP SP1 (with updates)
            Dell Dimension DIM2400
            Celeron CPU 2.20 Ghz
            256 MB RAM
            Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
            SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
            CD: Lite-On LTN486S 48x Max

DrO, again: see what you can do. If it's too much trouble: I'd rather see you coding some of your other plugins.

Comment

• DrO
              • Sep 2003

siebe83: i've got one idea on this 'sound' thing so i'll see what i can try to work around it.

VOODOOpower: the order of the numbers can't be changed unless i potentially override all of the playlist text drawing but that causes more problems than it's worth imho.

as for the 'an option to autodetect music files in different folder locations and autoadd a seperater at the beginning of every new folder' that one is fairly simple to do (and can go with the insert separator here option i want to have).

saivert: in testing i've never had the playlist cleared. i'll look at changing what's reported to also see if it'll fix siebe83's issue.

-daz
              WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• DrO
                • Sep 2003

siebe83: my idea was totally wrong in this case. the problem i think is because i accidentally left a test 'Beep' in there on the previous command I've attached a newer build (rename to .dll) with the fix in there just to see if i am right (fingers crossed)

-daz
                Attached Files

Comment

• siebe83
                  Forum King
                  • Feb 2004

You rock! :P

Yeah, it's working great now!
                  Thanks!

(hehe, I was worried about a test beep )

Comment

• DrO
                    • Sep 2003

*TEST BUILD* *TEST BUILD*
                    (blame DJ Egg if it doesn't work properly )

get v1.1xxx

This one fixes the skipping detection to work on 'z' and 'b' keypresses in the main winamp window now. Also i need feed back on how pressing 'q' (added like this for ease of testing) in the main Winamp window works (other than being slow - you can blame Winamp for that!!). Feedback from this test build will determine how soon a functional 1.2 will come out

saivert: looked into it and the reason it needs to return -1 and not returning that it was found and then a length of 0 is that with 0 as the length Winamp will display 0:00 in the playlist which i don't want the plugin to do.

-daz

Comment

• siebe83
                      Forum King
                      • Feb 2004

Very nice!
                      No weird beeps and the 'q' works perfectly (nice surprise! ;p)
                      I didn't think it was that slow, btw...
                      'z' and 'b' in the main window are working fine also.

Small issue, only experienced by stupid people like me:
                      If you enqueue a separator (by selecting it and pressing 'q' or through the jtfe dialog) Winamp will stop playing when it comes to the separator. Pressing play will do nothing, pressing next neither (if you try to press play or next, Winamp tends to freeze for some secs as well). The only way to fix it is removing the separator from the queue list.
                      Really a minor issue, and I guess it won't be that hard to fix (or is it something in the jtfe plugin that causes it?). But well, who's going to enqueue a separator anyway?

Comment

• DrO
                        • Sep 2003

neato. i'm going to shift the 'q' thing into the playlist window to work on the misc menu entry and may add some key shortcut depending on what i can find

as for the jtfe thing, i found that happened as soon as in_text started to work (since i knew someone would try to do it ) it'll be fixed in the next version of jtfe as well as auto-removal of any separators from the jtf dialog list.

well if 3 of us are finding it works fine, then i can get on with making 1.2 properly

-daz

Comment

• DrO
                          • Sep 2003

Playlist Separator v1.2
                          • Fixed handling when 'manual playlist advance' is turned on
                          • Added ?D option to allow for default setting (once set then only 'separator://' is needed)
                          • Changed 'Q' test mode to 'T' shortcut in playlist window and added 'Insert separator between folders' under playlist->misc
                          get v1.2

and now i sleep

-daz

Comment

• JAC
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DrO
                            Playlist Separator v1.2
                            • Fixed handling when 'manual playlist advance' is turned on
                            • Added ?D option to allow for default setting (once set then only 'separator://' is needed)
                            • Changed 'Q' test mode to 'T' shortcut in playlist window and added 'Insert separator between folders' under playlist->misc
                            get v1.2

and now i sleep

-daz
                            ah... man.. you made my day

(but uit added two separators sometimes...)

Comment

• DrO
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JAC
                              (but uit added two separators sometimes...)
                              i need a lot more information than that if i'm going to see if there is a bug. what are the playlist entries in the section it duplicates, etc?

otherwise glad it fits what's needed

-daz

Comment

• JAC
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DrO
                                i need a lot more information than that if i'm going to see if there is a bug. what are the playlist entries in the section it duplicates, etc?

otherwise glad it fits what's needed

-daz
                                well... when I think after it wasn't a bug.. it was me I've already added some own sep.

Comment

Working...
                                X