View Single Post
Old 30th March 2015, 22:31   #83
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by altae View Post
Sorry but the plugin system is standard to any renown media player out there. Foobar, Media Monkey, Kodi (XBMC)... even Windows Media Player supports plugins.
I never said or implied it was a feature exclusive to winamp. and many of those other apps copied the winamp API. in some cases, plugins from one can be used in another and vice versa.

Quote:
That's the problem with Winamp: The Winamp team might think that they have got something that nobody else has to offer. Unfortunately that's not the case. Now there is a chance to revitalize Winamp, to distinguish it from other players out there by taking into consideration features that have long been desired by faithful Winamp users. Such a player could even be sold. Not to the big masses but to enthusiasts who care about Winamp and prefer it over the mainstream players like Itunes. That's the target group of Winamp. It's just not realistic to try to compete with the big players like Apple. But it does not seem the new owners are making use of that opportunity.
time will tell. it remains to be seen what radionomy envisions. but if other apps are doing what you need, at least your needs are being met elsewhere.

Quote:
That's a big problem. The plugin system would be nice if there was any development. But there isn't and that's because a lot of former enthusiasts who once were willing to invest time into developing plugins for Winamp have now moved on to other players because during the last few years there was hardly any development with Winamp.
that simply isn't the case. i don't see super robust 3rd party stuff for any app, but winamp was being actively developed until the sale about a year ago. 3rd party devs slowed down WAY before that, and i would argue its [mainly] b/c there isn't a viable revenue incentive for them, ergo my suggestion for an in-app winamp store.

Quote:
Just take a look at the available plugins. A lot of them were last updated in the early 2000's, that was the time of Windows XP and 32 bit CPU's. Most of those plugins do not work anymore or are buggy at best.
right, i agree, we just disagree as to why.

Quote:
Look, I really would like to conclude this discussion since it is leading nowhere. This is not about me beeing pissed off because the devs refuse to take into consideration my wish for ASIO support. LIke I wrote there are other players out there that do the trick for me. But it is kind of sad to see Winamp going nowhere and wishes of longtime users being ignored rather than being at least considered for implementation.
i don't think its exactly as you have portrayed, but that's jmho.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote