• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Siggi0904
    • Dec 2005

Error while show the Album Art

Hello,

my Winamp Beta Version show's an Error.

If I will open the ML with the Album Art, the Winamp crashes down.

The Error in the Dump.log says:

Winamp client version: 5.36 build 1504 Beta
    winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module nde.dll at 001b:0218894f.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
    Error occurred at 8/29/2007 18:31:02.
    C:\Winamp\winamp.exe, run by Siggi.
    Operating system: Windows XP (5.1.2600).
    2 processor(s), type 586.
    40% memory in use.
    2048 MBytes physical memory.
    1220 MBytes physical memory free.
    3941 MBytes paging file.
    3163 MBytes paging file free.
    2048 MBytes user address space.
    1898 MBytes user address space free.
    Read from location 00000028 caused an access violation.

Context:
    EDI: 0x00000000 ESI: 0x02853310 EAX: 0x02853310
    EBX: 0x02189290 ECX: 0x0647e0ec EDX: 0x00000000
    EIP: 0x0218894f EBP: 0x0647e178 SegCs: 0x0000001b
    EFlags: 0x00010202 ESP: 0x0647e0e0 SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8b 47 28 85 c0 c7 44 24 14 ff ff ff ff 74 06 8b

Can anyone says me whats wrong on my Winamp Beta (actually version)

Thanks.

Comment

• tarrkid
      • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Benski
      Did you install with multi-user settings? It might live in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\winamp
      Yes, I should have been clearer. Yes, I used multi-user settings, and yes, I found all the other vmd files where they were supposed to be, but not the one in question.

Comment

• tarrkid
        • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Benski
        Did you install with multi-user settings? It might live in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\winamp
        I got it figured out.

I renamed my \Application Data\Winamp\ folder, reinstalled so it would recreate that folder, and brought up the panel in question (just to make sure it would work). Then I started looking for differences in the Application Data folder.

I found that in gen_ml, there was a different line in there:

query1_mode=2817

^^^ That was in the non-working version.

When I replaced it with query1_mode=1, which is what was in the working version, everything worked fine. I could even delete the corrupt vmd file and it would be dutifully recreated by Winamp.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Banditbond
          • May 2007

Hi!

I have the same prob. (see: Siggi0904)

Sometimes it works for about 15min without any problems, than it crashes right after opening winamp (8 out of 10 times).

This only happens on my desktop, laptop works fine.

Latest dump log:
          Winamp client version: 5.36 build 1504 Beta
          winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
          in module nde.dll at 001b:022090f0.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
          Error occurred at 8/29/2007 11:41:34.
          C:\Programme\Winamp\winamp.exe, run by x.
          Operating system: Windows XP (5.1.2600).
          2 processor(s), type 586.
          29% memory in use.
          2047 MBytes physical memory.
          1446 MBytes physical memory free.
          3944 MBytes paging file.
          3377 MBytes paging file free.
          2048 MBytes user address space.
          1880 MBytes user address space free.
          Read from location 00000028 caused an access violation.

Context:
          EDI: 0x00000000 ESI: 0x13b354ec EAX: 0x00000000
          EBX: 0x022090d0 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0xec87000a
          EIP: 0x022090f0 EBP: 0x13b2ce18 SegCs: 0x0000001b
          EFlags: 0x00010202 ESP: 0x042ad9d4 SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:
          8b 4f 28 50 e8 c7 d7 ff ff 85 c0 8b 5c 24 2c 89
          BTW:
          Why does Winamp only download the latest topic of every podcast (when auto-download on)?

Comment

• Siggi0904
            • Dec 2005

Hi,

my Winamp works fine, as long as I dind't open the Album Art Tab in the ML.

I can listen every MP3 and other things.

If I open anyone of the Album Art sections, the Winamp goes immediately down.

Sometimes the actually Winamp creates the dump.log and the other file.

Whats wrong of that?

Thanks for replay.

Comment

• VooDoo`
              Major Dude
              • Sep 2001

found a bug, too
              In ml I added a Album view long time ago with the settings filename begins with D:\Mp3s\Alben\
              know after several starts of the new beta there were only 3 albums left in the view, but under local media all files are there. I deleted the view and readded it and the problem is gone. dunno why and can't reproduce it - sorry
              o_0

Comment

• MarkRH
                Major Dude
                • Nov 2002

I noticed that when removing a song from the ML, it keeps the album art associated with the song intact. When I readded the song, it kept the same incorrect album art (I had actually deleted the incorrect folder.jpg file before re-adding the file).

Yeah, I made the mistake of Getting Cover Art for another song that was in my "Country" folder along with many other single songs.. and those have incorrect album art now.

Anyway, probably just need to make sure to de-index songs from the album art db/cache when they are removed from the ML.
                Mark H.
                System Information | Old Winamp Info | WACUP Info
                Older MIDI input plugin that supports auto loading SoundFonts

Comment

• Ojay
                  • Sep 2006

New: [in_mp3] Multi-channel mp3surround support
                  FINALLY!!! I was waiting for that for more than a year up to now!!

Comment

• MarkRH
                    Major Dude
                    • Nov 2002

Here's another thing I noticed. I keep a playlist loaded all the time, so there's always a song currently loaded in the Winamp player. Well, when first starting Winamp, and playing the song already in the player, the Album Art window does not show the album art for the song. I'd have to do a next/prev to activate the load album art routine to show it.

[Edit -> DJ Egg]
                    Yup. Known and already fixed for the next build. Thanks
                    Mark H.
                    System Information | Old Winamp Info | WACUP Info
                    Older MIDI input plugin that supports auto loading SoundFonts

Comment

• pihug12
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by pihug12
                      I found a bug in all version of Winamp.

I can't listen music (it plays very fast) while playing BomberClone : ht tp://bomberclone.source forge.net/homepage/ (remove the spaces).

Can you please fix that bug ?
                      Originally posted by DJ Egg
                      @pihug12
                      Sorry, we can't reproduce the problem.
                      What file formats are affected? mp3, wma, wav, ogg, m4a, mod, midi, cda, other/all?
                      Probably your soundcard/drivers or maybe Output plugin config to blame...?
                      All file formats are affected. I have Windows Vista. The game uses SDL (maybe it can help you).
                      I don't have this problem with XMPlay (an other audio player).

pihug12
                      Last edited by pihug12; 29 August 2007, 20:59.

Comment

• Ojay
                        • Sep 2006

Okay, some feedback on the new in_mp3 plugin and here especially on the mp3Surround extension:

1. the MPEG File Info Box behaves buggy. Sometimes, all the mp3 info is shown but sometimes only the "Payload Size" and nothing else. I couldn't find any systematics behind that behavior, it happened (or did not happen) with files from any mp3 encoder I tried, it happened (or did not happen) with and without ID3 tags or APEv2 tags, very small or very large MP3 files, mp3, mp3Surround or mp3SX... The only systematics I could find was that the bahavior was reproducible for one and the same file and never changed...

[Edit -> DJ Egg]
                        Yup. Someone else reported this and sent us a sample file. Should be fixed in the next build (please let us know if not).

2. The mp3Surround extension works like a charm. It recognizes and works with all possible file sizes, it works with mp3Surround files as well as with mp3SX files, it works in CBR mode and with (by the encoder officially not supported) mp3Surround files in VBR mode at middle and very high bitrates. Well done! Looks very good!

[Edit]: 6-ch 24-bit decoding works as well.
                        Last edited by Ojay; 29 August 2007, 22:01.

Comment

• pjn123
                          Major Dude
                          • Jan 2006

Replace the file in your "\Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\xml" folder with the attached one.

And Benski... please touch up the <Wasabi:Frame/> object. The width param doesnt seem to do its job.
                          And maybe touch up the new thing I've added.

Dont wanna give it away. All I'll say is that the Winamp3 lovers will love this. The latest version is needed.
                          Attached Files
                          ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
                          Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums

Comment

• martin.deimos
                            Android/UI Development
                            • Sep 2004

Hehe pieter,
                            did the same thing w/ albumart yesterday - i wanted also include the old playlist sidecar, but was too tired...

So here is the Playlist sidecar + albumart.

It's position is now on the right (like wa3) and the frame uses the new params benski inlcuded (details will follow in my changelog when the final is released...) as well as snapping to the right when w<maxwidth
                            WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
                            Skins: Click Here

Comment

• Benski
                              Ben Allison
                              Former Winamp Developer
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by martin.deimos
                              Hehe pieter,
                              did the same thing w/ albumart yesterday - i wanted also include the old playlist sidecar, but was too tired...

So here is the Playlist sidecar + albumart.

It's position is now on the right (like wa3) and the frame uses the new params benski inlcuded (details will follow in my changelog when the final is released...) as well as snapping to the right when w<maxwidth
                              Did you upload the wrong file? player-normal instead of pledit-normal?

Comment

• jmbattle
                                • Apr 2004

Hello chaps,

Well I have been using build 1504 for almost a day now and the stability really has improved considerably. I no longer experience seemingly random crashes when flicking through views in the Media Library.

The pmp_ipod Album Art still causes problems for me, however, crashing Winamp whenever I connect my Nano. It's not such a big problem as I shall continue to use the excellent ml_ipod - with any luck abu will add similar Album Art views to his plugin shortly.

On a related topic, I wonder if there are any plans to add an Album Art view to pmp_usb in the near future?

Keep up the great work,
                                James
                                x

EDIT: Strange, my pmp_usb has an 'Album Artist / Album Art' view, but not a 'Artist / Album Art' view, nor can I add one in the editor using the 'Other...' option.
                                Last edited by jmbattle; 30 August 2007, 02:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X