Banned

@metal4radio

the biggest mistake / problem in this forum is that mostly it is assumed
that users have a shoutcast or whatever running on their own server or computer
and that they have a certain level of programming skills
so they get replies for that situation.

The reality is however that BY FAR most radiostations are using a:

3RD PARTY HOSTED SHOUTCAST SERVICE

ie: it does not run on their own server or pc.
ie: they have no access to their shoutcast-software.
ie: they are not programmers...they cant modify anything.

Now go and look for a hosted shoutcast-service that runs Centova V3
if you are lucky you find 1 or 2 (in 1000)
ie: it is useles to advice centova 3 cause for the biggest segment of radiostations
its simply not available cause they purchase shoutcast+centova (service) from a 3rd party (host)

So your V3 is still non-existing cause its not really there.
except for a few forefront programmers that know how to program everything
so they can run it (on their own server)...but they probably have no worth to mention radiostation.
Since in most cases radiosatation-owners or dj´s are not programmers
they will prefer to use a hosted shoutcast service
If you are a programmer good enough to reprogram/debug/whatever the shoutcast software...then you are probably not a good enough dj...you cant be good at everything..can you ? so you depend on those that get paid to do the software part for you, unfortunately some get paid and still dont work (centova)

And no i dont agree (hope im allowed to) with your statement that centova support
has improved...it has NOT...even if it did i will never talk to them again after being insulted
with how they handled me.

As a mattter of fact they dont support users...only buyers
if i use a shoutcast-centova hosted service...so centova was payed for by my host
then Centova refuses to support me...they will tell me that i did not buy it..so no support
they will tell me that only whoever bought it gets support...so i need to send the questions to my host...who will in turn send it to centova...the return path is the same in reverse order...in that process lots of details get lost or misunderstood,..the more since my and many other host dont run a radiostation themselves they have no idea what the problems are cause they have ZERO experience...all that makes it extremely difficult for the real endusers.

Then they have this forum where they clearly state that its run by forumvisitors and that
you cant (shouldnt) count on them that they wil reply.
To me all of that sounds like virtually no support...they have set it up such that
they are bothered as little as possible..so they can enjoy our money on the Bahamas
(hi Steve)

Then they have removed posts that concern serious bugs...that is pure manipulation
never seen that nowhere but at Centova they do that.

The latest V2 has not been upgraded for 3 years..that sucks
i can show you bugs that were acknowledged over 3 years ago
in my (latest) version those bugs are there...Centova comments on that as:
(in similar wording) "We did repair those bugs but have not distributed updated software"
ie: they repair bugs (they say) but dont send us the software with those repairs
When i read that i pulled out my hair...thinking: those peopl are total Mo***s !

Yes i have read V3 posts/doc/info but that is not very usefull
if my host and 99.999999% of shoutcast hosting-services still have only V2.
I´m a radio-owner-dj ...i pay for a service...dont bother me with bugs and version issues.

So yes i have to argue this...and i´m not making it up ...i´m a real user, i have a running shoutcast station...and my host uses Centova...and i´m 100% of the time on its Auto-dj.
The above is r.e.a.l.u.s.e.r.e.x.p.e.r.i.e.n.c.e.

I dont know why you keep insisting that "the real work" is done by some other part,
the top question in this forum is about the playlist-creator (auto-dj) which messes up
once again there´s NO PLAYLIST CREATING STUFF IN SHOUTCAST ..the real playlist making stuff is done in Centova´s-autodj NOT in shoutcast ..it has nothing to do with shoutcast...so if there´s a playlist-schedule mess problem then it needs to be solved
in the module responsable for that in centova and its called (Centova)"autodj".

I´m not arguing...just saying that everything Centova sucks...as with most products
the product/bar/discotheque/restaurant/service is as good as its owner/producer,
just lightening up a little bit on why Centova is what it is.

Anyway cpanda is not replying anymore so why bother
i´m not a fan of waisting time if they dont reply in 2 days

Last edited by Dj Mambito; 5th September 2012 at 20:09.
Dj Mambito is offline   Reply With Quote