Jump To File Extra (JTFE) Discussion / Bugs / Updates (1.33 Build 1216 - 16/12/2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

maybe a setting from one of those plug-ins or something else was conflicting with it. as the only change i can see between the old and new plug-in list is the removal of the 2 plug-ins, the current jtfe build and the native ipod plug-in is now present (though that shouldn't make an difference).

oh well, if it's working ok now then that's the main thing.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• naumaxos
      • Aug 2005

that's strange....the bug came back after the clean install when i loaded my "all mp3's" (~70000 songs)...even after a new clean install without any plugins,visualization or even any change in preferences (except of course the "prevent winamp..." check)...
      i'm not sure what use a plugin list would have now but any information needed i'm ready to provide

Comment

• dizze
        • Nov 2011

Sorry for (another) first-post-helpseeker, but I've been experiencing this issue with Winamp + JTFE for a couple of times now.

I'm using Winamp v5.61 + JTFE v1.2.5.

I want to select the next file to play by selecting the playlist entry and pressing "q", but even if there's the number ([1], [2], etc.) appearing on the right side of the playlist, and the queue list in the preferences is listing the queued files as I selected them, Winamp won't play the queued order. Instead, the regular playlist continues playing.

I've tried a full reinstall, a reinstall of the plugin, and variations of the JTFE-settings, but I just can't get it to work properly.

I've attached my One for Nunz plugin list in case there might be any interferences.
        I hope anyone here can help me out

Thanks a lot!
        Attached Files

Comment

• inspire
          • Jul 2007

jtfe version?

hi,

I'd like to check the JTFE version with

code:
          UINT jtfeVer = SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_GET_JTFE_VERSION);
          But what's the pattern behind the return value? Especially, what's the return value for version 1.2.4? I'm looking for something like

code:

if (jtfeVer < 1.2.4)
          else

thanks!
          Martin

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

for v1.2.5 it returns 0x1020050.

it's formatted as 0x<major>0<minor>0<sub><build_specific> where <build_specific> can be used to identify sub-versions of a release like was done with the 1.2.4 builds e.g. 0x1020040 (1.2.4 Build 1158) and 0x1020041 (1.2.4 Build 1159).

though why specifically do you need the version # of 1.2.4? especially when it's not directly offered and i won't support it (which is why there's a 1.2.5).

-daz

Comment

• inspire
              • Jul 2007

ah thanks so far!

I need this because here you implemented a feature for me, which allows to recognize changes made in the JTFE queue. And I want to display a message if this feature is not supported by the currently installed JTFE version.

But this is strange. Is it not possible to compare UINTs?

The following if statement never returns true, even with version 1.2.5 installed:

code:

if (jtfeVer >= 0x1020040) { // <= always false
              genjtfe_queue = IPC_GET_JTFE_QUEUE_UPDATE(plugin.hwndParent);
              }

Comment

• DrO
                • Sep 2003

i've probably screwed up the version check in the example since the version is returned as a LRESULT from the windowproc (which is generally a LONG_PTR). though i would make sure that you're getting the correct value by printing the version in hex.

-daz

Comment

• inspire
                  • Jul 2007

printing the version in hex? Something like the following?

code:

LRESULT const lresult = SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_GET_JTFE_VERSION);

std:stringstream oss;
                  oss << std::hex << lresult;

char buffer[60];
                  sprintf(buffer, "%x", oss.str());

But here in the buffer is always character sequence "30363035" ... for every JTFE version. Maybe you can show me what exactly you mean. Thanks

Comment

• unemtfos
                    • May 2008

text formatting in PE without highlighting background

Noticed this on 2 computers recently, both with JFTE 1.2.5 and Winamp 5.623 - if I untick the highlighting, the text doesn't appear in PE (default format or variations). Now maybe this is new or maybe it's been like this for many versions and I just didn't notice, but on another computer I have an old Winamp 5.35 with an ancient JTFE that lets me have the text formatting without any highlighting. I did try a few re-installs to see if it was a corruption, but no difference. Is this the way it is, or should I keep looking for a problem with my install?

Comment

• DrO
                      • Sep 2003

reproduced *meh*

it should be showing the text without the highlighting being enabled so must have come in around 1.2 when all of the internal handling for such things were re-implemented.

will have to find some time over the next week or so to look into it fully.

-daz

Comment

• unemtfos
                        • May 2008

That was a quick reply - Thanks. It just looks better to me without the highlighting.

Comment

• inspire
                          • Jul 2007

hi,

the IPC_GET_JTFE_VERSION macro is defined in a file called "wa_jtfe.h" but I just have an old version where it says

code:
                          #define IPC_GET_JTFE_VERSION 0x000 // (not implemented)
                          where can I find a new version? it's not in the jtfe sdk.

thanks,
                          martin

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

whenever i get around to sorting out an update of the plug-in then i'll update the sdk at the same time, but at the moment i don't have the means to sort it out or just copy+paste that part (especially as my machine has decided it wants to repeatedly die very few hours).

-daz

Comment

• inspire
                              • Jul 2007

ah okay. I just assumed you already had done so because 7 posts above you told me how to check the jtfe version

Comment

• DrO
                                • Sep 2003

i cannot remember what i have or haven't done in all honesty and as i infrequently get to even work on them nowadays i can never remember where things are at or not (even when i've made notes).

-daz

Comment

Working...
                                X